Forsight supports adults with sensory and additional disabilities to achieve their goals and live their best lives. Founded in 1978, the organisation continues to flourish and due to increased growth, we are currently seeking a self employed Occupational Therapist to partner with us, delivering exceptional service to our valued clients.
This is a contract role, suitable for a self employed Occupational Therapist with their own ABN, to provide services as required, to people with sensory, intellectual, and physical disabilities.
The successful applicant will have the ability to;
- Plan, deliver and evaluate Occupational Therapy services to customers and NDIS participants, which build on family / client strengths, needs and priorities
- Conduct physical and psychological assessments of clients and develop a treatment plan
- Support adult and children’s inclusion and participation in the communities that they choose
- Assess need for modifications to home and other environments accessed by people with a developmental, intellectual, or physical disability
- Complete functional assessments for NDIS participants applying for Supportive Independent Living (SIL) funding through the NDIS
- Assess and prescribe for assistive technology
- Maintain professional, clinical, ethical, and safety standards
- Undertake travel across greater Sydney when required
We are looking for someone with;
- A person and family centred approach
- A commitment to the inclusion and participation of people who have a disability within their local and natural communities
- Excellent skills in collaboration and demonstrated skills in working in partnership
- Experience in the disability, community or other not for profit sectors would be well regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to engage with clients and families who have complex needs
- Current NDIS Worker Screening and Working with Children Check completed within the last 12 months
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Unrestricted Driver’s License
- Access to their own motor vehicle
If you would like to partner with an organisation making a real difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
To apply click on the “Apply” button below.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have an Australian Business Number (ABN)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.