Civil Works Site Manager - Balranald – 12 week Contract, Immediate Start
Van Mal Group is a Building & Construction company that specialises in Government Construction & Civil Projects throughout regional NSW.
The company was established 13 years ago and we have a well established client base and proven track record in successful project delivery.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Site Manager to manage an Essential Energy Depot Upgrade Project in Balranald.
The works in Balranald involve the replacement of the existing hardstand with new concrete pavements, Asphalting, electrical and structural steel works.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will take a leading and proactive role within the project delivery team and manage a team of subcontractors to undertake the works. The Site Manager will be responsible for supervising all site works, planning, coordinating and implementing sound construction processes. The Site Manager will be responsible for all site based construction activity, safety, compliance, and the timely defect free delivery of the project.
Skills and experience
Ideal candidates are to have a well established and proven track record in delivering Civil works for Government Clients, including the following:
- Experience with establishing safe works practices in Civil Construction,
- Experience working with heavy plant and machinery, undertaking plant worthiness inspections
- Experience managing sub contractors, worker inductions, undertaking safety and compliance checks
- Managing the safe demolition and stripping of existing pavements
- Preparation and inspection of subgrade, meeting RLs, Quality Assurance of works
- Managing subcontractors in laying of new concrete and asphalt hardstand
- Managing storm water setout
- Eye for detail and accuracy / get the falls right
- Min. 10yrs experience in Civil works
- Great attitude, team player, highly motivated
Note: for the right candidate there is the possibility and option of managing other similar projects in other regional NSW towns - Warren, Jindabyne, Walgett, Dunedoo, Coffs Harbour, Southern Highlands.
Apply Now: firstname.lastname@example.org
***No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct candidates only***
- How many years' experience do you have as a site manager?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Have you worked in a supervisor role within the construction industry?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.