PMB Defence is a world leading manufacturer of submarine battery systems, which started delivering and supporting the main storage batteries for Australia’s Collins Class Submarines in 1989. PMB will continue to support Collins Class Submarines well into 2040s under Life Of Type Extension (LOTE). PMB Defence has now grown its business by winning various local and international contracts (supplying both traditional as well as new technology submarine battery systems) to Canada, the United Kingdom, Sweden and other international customers.
About the role
To support the next phase of PMB Defence’s journey, an exciting new part time role now exists for an experienced contracts/commercial officer looking to be part of our family. Reporting directly to the Commercial and Contracts Manager, this role will assist in providing contracts and commercial services to various projects and functions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned contracts/commercial officer looking to kickstart or further their career in the defence sector with an Adelaide based business. Key responsibilities will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Providing in contractual support to bids and contracts, including contract/commercial responses to tenders in accordance with agreed company strategy, conducting contractual reviews of customer requirements, making recommendations and working with the reporting manager and/or Bid Manager in formulating the tender responses;
- Identifying cost drivers, commercial risks and propose solutions for the contractual issues;
- Working with engineering, finance, manufacturing, project management and supply chain functions in delivering the tender/contract outcomes by providing guidance and contractual support (including interpretations of suppliers’ terms and conditions);
- Lead or input into commercial summaries for required approval;
- Manage or assist in contract mobilisation activities, contract change proposals (CCPs) and participate in CCP reviews;
- Lead or assist in drafting subcontract terms and conditions;
- Maintain contractual baselines of tenders/contracts;
- Provide contractual input to project reports;
- Review Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and other similar documents;
- Manage or assist in export approvals, End User Certificates and liaising with export authorities;
- Provide contractual support to Plant and Equipment related quotes and tenders;
- Support Procurement department in reviewing terms and conditions from the suppliers;
- Support the relevant teams in supplier evaluation or supplier negotiations;
- Assist the line manager in developing, implementing and maintaining the department processes and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience working in commercial, contracts or supply chain functions, ideally in defence, manufacturing or engineering firms;
- Experience in liaising with the Australian, European or other international defence customers and suppliers;
- contract management experience especially in Defence environment;
- Have an understanding of various cost drivers and commercial risks.
- A proven track record in building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills teamed with a high level of organisation and initiative
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and the ability to work collaboratively across different disciplines
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Obtain a current police clearance
- Successfully pass a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol screen
- Undertake six monthly lead in blood testing
- The ability to obtain an NV1 Australian Defence Security clearance (essential), or hold an existing clearance (desirable)
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter via SEEK, outlining your motivation to apply and suitability for the role.
For confidential enquiries and a job and person description, please contact Amanda Byrne – HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on PMB Defence, please visit www.pmbdefence.com.au
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.