Seeking enthusiastic and confident individual to join our motivated and pro-active team as full time Claims Handler for a leading insurance company operating in Central West NSW.
You'll be involved in managing a claim from the start through to settlement, making decisions on the extent and validity of a claim, and checking for any potential fraudulent activity. As well as coordination of services that may be required by policyholders following an accident or incident.
Insurance claims handlers ensure that claims are dealt with efficiently and that payment for valid claims is made to policyholders
As an insurance claims handler, you'll be involved in managing a claim from the start through to settlement, making decisions on the extent and validity of a claim and checking for any potential fraudulent activity.
You'll assist in coordinating services which may be required by policyholders following an accident or incident. This could include organising temporary repairs, or vehicle towing.
Policyholders can range from businesses to individuals. So you may be involved in large-scale accidents and incidents.
As well as communicating with policyholders, you'll also liaise with external experts such as loss adjusters, assessors and other industry professionals.
As an insurance claims handler, you'll typically need to:
- provide empathy and advice on making a claim and the processes involved as first point of contact for policyholders
- collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
- analyse a claim made by a policyholder to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions
- guide policyholders on the claims process
- register claims online
- advise policyholders when their claim is not covered
- contact tradespeople from a network of approved professionals and arrange for them to make repairs on the policyholder's property
- monitor the progress of a claim and diarise claims progress reports
- get advice from external specialists, such as loss adjusters, on complex cases
- ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- handle any complaints associated with a claim
- adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company
- Comply with relevant legislation, industry and company codes, policies and procedures
- Completion of all required compliance training.
Salary is negotiable - based on a range of factors including your experience, skills and qualifications.
8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
What to expect
- The job involves working to tight deadlines, working under pressure and using technology.
Although experience in Claims Handling or Insurance would be desired - it is not essential.
If you don't have any experience of the insurance industry, be happy to undertake training in Australian Financial Services Reform Act 2001 (FSRA) Insurance Tier 1 or Tier 2 accreditation.
Additionally, you will be able to obtain satisfactory police and ASIC clearances.
- excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- negotiation, questioning and decision-making skills
- communication skills and confidence when dealing with people, often in difficult circumstances
- active listening skills
- computer literacy
- organisational and time management skills
- the ability to work well under pressure
- commercial acumen
- the ability to think strategically
- initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations
- good numeracy and literacy
- discernment and the ability to assess a situation objectively
- attention to detail and sound report-writing skills
- holding or ability to undertake training in Australian Financial Services Reform Act 2001 (FSRA) Insurance Tier 2 (as required) accreditation and authorisation to be an Authorised Representative of the business
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have in insurance & superannuation law?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.