Provides predominantly remote technical support to VITG clients under the guidance of the Service Desk Team Lead and as part of a team. The position involves but is not limited to:
- Provide 2nd/3rd Level Technical helpdesk/service desk support to all users
- Provide mentoring, leadership and an escalation path to the Service Desk Team, predominantly technical support to clients under the guidance of the Service Desk Team Lead and as part of a team.
- Customer liaison via email, phone and through our systems
- Responding to and resolving phone and email tickets in a professional, timely manner with an emphasis on high quality customer service (target of 90% first contact resolution, and 95% positive feedback via survey)
- Creating and updating our documentation such as work instructions, configurations and customers details
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies and completing training and ongoing development of your skills as agreed with the Service Desk Team Lead
- Adhering to VITG’s processes and procedures
- Identifying opportunities and contributing to automation of repetitive tasks, making the service desk more efficient and more accurate
- Contributing to VITG’s ongoing process improvement practices
To be eligible for this position applicants must have:
- 5 years minimum previous experience in a support role within an MSP
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients
- The ability to work independently, yet part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem identification skills
- Technical problem-solving skills & experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- The right to work in Australia.
Technical Competencies desired
- SCCM knowledge desirable
- Excellent knowledge structuring and maintaining SQL databases
- Proven applications experience and strong PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply changes where required
- Office 365, SharePoint, Lync/SFB
- Windows 7/10, MacOS X+
- Windows server 2012 – 2019 experience
- Windows RDS
- ConnectWise Manage, Kaseya VSA and ITGlue experience highly desired
Your success in integrating into the VITG team will be based on your commitment to sharing these 'EPIIC' values:
Standard Hours of Work
This is a full time position requiring a minimum 38 hour working week
Standard business hours are between 8am and 6pm.
Start and finish times will be scheduled by the Service Desk Team Lead
Negotiable based upon certification & experience.
A 6-month probationary period applies to this position.
- Do you have technical support experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's the highest level of ITIL qualification you have completed?
- How many years' experience do you have in the IT industry?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.