Molecular Research and Product Support Assistant
Bio Molecular Systems (BMS) is a biotechnology company that designs, manufactures and distributes instrumentation for the life sciences. Established in 2010, BMS has the expertise in developing innovative, versatile, robust, and easy-to-use products that generate strong customer loyalty.
BMS has an R&D and manufacturing facility located within the Gold Coast area just 50 minutes south of the city of Brisbane (Queensland, Australia). Our facilities contain state of the art technology for both R&D engineering and manufacturing. We also have a second site in Sydney used to conduct all applications design, testing and support handling.
About the position
The Molecular Research and Product Support Assistant will be located in the Sydney Office, which is involved in the application-based research and development of our instrumentation for molecular biology and diagnostics and handles support for these products.
Key responsibilities include:
- RT-qPCR research and development
- Maintenance of highly accurate records and validation of data
- Analysis of experimental data and preparing reports of an interpretive nature
- General lab maintenance including maintaining supplies and validating operational status of equipment.
- Product support, including training which may require international travel.
To be considered for this role, you must have a graduate degree in biological sciences, and demonstrate lab experience in a research role. Experience in working with qPCR is essential. We will not consider anyone with limited qPCR experience.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic, possess exceptional organisational and time management skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team. The successful candidate should also have a meticulous approach to experimental work and the ability to accurately enter, process, store, retrieve and analyse data.
Please forward your curriculum vitae, including referee details to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2019
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM APPLICANTS WITH A VALID RIGHT TO WORK IN AUSTRALIA
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in biology?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.