At Accor, we are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 260,000 hospitality experts placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. We take care of millions of guests in our 5,100 addresses.
Mercure Darwin Airport Resort and Novotel Darwin Airport Hotel. Located across the street from each other.
Mercure Darwin Airport Resort is just steps from the airport and 15 minutes from the Darwin CBD. We cater for corporate travelers and school or sports groups, the adjacent Novotel Darwin Airport Hotel offers a range of room styles and conference facilities.
This position is to be responsible for the accurate and professional management of all Creditors for the Hotel. To be responsible for the processing of the hotel payroll accurately, maintain timely payroll records and resolving staff queries.
The hotels have wonderful staff who truly live Accor’s Heartist culture. This broad role works in finance team to assist Financial Controller & assistant Financial Controller.
It will be the finance officer’s responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed accurately within given time frames and to ensure tasks compliance with government regulations.
You will have experience or formal training in our finance department including working experience as a payroll officer or in a fast paced working environment. Demonstrating an understanding of accounting, payroll and government regulations will be highly regarded.
An exceptional finance officer who is flexible, adaptable and thrives in a diverse environment. Ideally it is expected that you will have a great attention to detail, a solid grasp of mathematics, alongside excellent organizational and communication skills.
Must have worked in hospitality industry, demonstrating a passion for numbering. Your ability to manage competing and changing priorities will see you succeed in the role.
Below will be some of the responsibilities and expectations:
- Process correct and timely payment of creditors accounts.
- Process correct and timely payment of other accounts, e.g. Standard Orders and Prepayments, Retail outlets, Tour Operators, Petty Cash etc.
- Provide required authorizations and supporting documentation for all payments.
- Reconcile all payments to Trail Balance, General Ledger, Balance Sheet and/or supplier’s statements.
- Carry out End of Month procedures.
- Maintain orderly files and records of payments and correspondence.
- Provide required reports for office records, head office reporting, etc.
- Maintain and update data in Accounts Payable computer program.
- Hotel champion for online purchasing and AP program Purchase Plus.
- Management of Petty Cash Imprest Account.
- Cross-train with AR to be able to provide adequate coverage and support.
- Undertake any assigned duties as requested by the Financial Controller or other senior Hotel Management.
- Process in accordance with the payroll procedures, the weekly payroll for the Hotel.
- Ensure all pay periods are processed so monies are deposited into employees’ bank accounts on the correct day.
- Accurate data entry of time sheets into the payroll system.
- Liaise with the Financial Controller to ensure necessary funds are available to process the payroll.
- Administer payroll in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Complete monthly payroll reporting and filing procedures.
- Accurately monitor and record all leave (annual, sick, special, lieu days) accrued and taken by each employee. Advise the employee’s Head of Department and Mangers of any discrepancies, outstanding balances and/or zero balances.
- Accurately pay final pays required after the clearance form has been completed and all company property returned.
- Advise Department Managers on controlling wage costs ensuring their understanding of the Hotel’s Award or Agreement with particular regard to areas such as overtime, public holiday rates etc.
- Accurately monitor and record all existing WorkCover claims to ensure payroll is processed in line with the current status of each individual case
- Manage Superannuation Administration in accordance with legislative requirements
- Processing of all End of Financial Year obligations
- Maintaining and updating all Employee Records
- Updating knowledge of Legislative and Award amendments
- Administration of Payroll and Group Tax
- Weekly reporting to Hotels on labour costs and having the ability and knowledge to identify any areas of concern.
This is a full time position, working from Monday to Friday.
Apply online via Seek with your resume and cover letter, tell us about you, what drives you, why you want to be a part of this dynamic team.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial officer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.