Are you from an industry that has been impacted by COVID? We’ve got work for you and we will train you.
CouriersPlease is Australia’s leading franchised parcel delivery service generating innovative solutions to provide businesses with a competitive advantage. As a fully owned subsidiary of Singapore Post, we’ve combined 160-years of innovative mail and logistics solutions with 35 years in the Australian freight industry to provide a truly rewarding consumer experience. Help us to achieve our purpose of connecting Australian communities to each other and the things they need. This is more important than ever in times of lockdown and every single parcel counts.
We are seeking Freight Handlers to work at our depot in Seaford, VIC, on a casual basis during our busy ‘peak’ period. We will be able to provide regular hours until at least the end of January. Reliable top performers will have the opportunity to be retained into ongoing roles if we meet our anticipated growth targets.
You will be working with a team sorting parcels in a particular area of the depot on either a morning, afternoon, or nightshift. This involves:
- Lifting, moving and organising parcels (with care!)
- Reading labels and sorting parcels to the correct area
- Scanning parcels as required using a scanner
- Potentially working on our sortation machine and organising freight
- Working in a team environment and helping team mates when they need support
- Most importantly, following all safety procedures, including our COVID safe practices which will keep you and your team mates safe
- You are someone who enjoys being busy and physically active and hates the thought of sitting behind a desk all day
- You respect people and parcels, knowing that each parcel carries meaning to the recipient
- You are a team player and behave in a way that insures you and your team mates can work productively and get home safe.
- You can accommodate early starts, afternoon or night shift with your own transport to get to and from work
- You have steel toe cap shoes or would be willing to get some. We have a corporate discount you are welcome to use (we provide high-vis shirts or vests)
- You have the right to work in Australia (visa holders welcome) and consent to having a criminal record check. The criminal record will only be considered where it relates to the inherent requirements of the role
- You are capable of lifting and moving parcels, some heavy (we will train you on safe lifting procedure, but you still need to be physically capable to begin with)
Does this sound like you? Apply now! Work for a growing organisation in a booming industry that presents the opportunity for growth. Our casual benefits include paid Covid Leave to support you if you need to get tested and isolate, an Employee Assistance Program and corporate discounts.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What is the maximum weight that you are comfortable and able to lift?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.