Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army Youth Services offer an integrated suite of programs engaging with young people across Australia. Our services create intentional avenues for young people to explore opportunities, build support networks, and access, participate and contribute to their communities. Youth services provide a diverse range of programs which include housing and homelessness, driver training, education, employment and training, AOD support, social and community activities, specialist therapeutic responses and youth justice programs.
We are seeking a values-driven and dedicated Case Manager, reporting to the Team Leader - Oasis Youth Services. You will provide safe and secure accommodation and professional support for young people who are homeless, by establishing rapport and providing individual, flexible support through a person-centred framework.
This is a permanent full-time position located at our Oasis Youth Services ACT, Chisholm.
You will successfully
- Work with young people using person-centred case management frameworks
- Develop individualised person-centred service plans that capture each young person's abilities and capacities
- Identify young people's needs through observation and interaction
- Identify and seek ways to meet physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social needs to promote young people's general wellbeing
- Schedule and review case plans regularly
- Maintain service documentation, records and data collection
- Conduct living skills/training programs and assist in ensuring the programs continue to be relevant to the needs of the young people.
- Ensure access for young people to relevant services, support options both within TSA Network and external agencies
You will have
- Minimum of Diploma level qualification in a relevant discipline - Youth Work, Community Services / Case Management.
- Experience in youth work or within a Specialist Homelessness Service
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with those impacted by substance miss-use, alcohol, gambling, and mental health conditions.
- A basic understanding of Attachment Disorder and Trauma-Informed Care
- Experience working in collaboration with other organisations.
- Understanding of Investigative interviewing and/or motivational interviewing skills
- Current Senior First Aid Certification
- Current ACT Driver License
- ACT Working with Vulnerable People Certification
- A willingness to undergo a National Police check
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax-free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.