Located at headspace – Morwell, x1 full time permanent position available
- You will perform work that interest you and enables you to grow personally and professionally
- This role provides you with training opportunities to expand your skill set
- Remuneration is dependent on qualifications and experience
At Latrobe Community Health Service you’ll be part of a positive and passionate workplace. We’re dedicated to providing you with career opportunities through work that is rewarding and meaningful within the community.
You’ll have easy access to a network of friendly, approachable and collaborative colleagues in your profession who you can share ideas with. You’ll feel supported and more confident as you develop mastery in your profession whilst feeling satisfaction in knowing your talents and efforts are being applied within a program that benefit the community.
The Family Support Worker aims to provide intensive, short term and community education intervention to children and their families in the Latrobe Valley. This program provides direct support to children at risk of developing a mental health illness.
To be successful, you will require;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in community services or equivalent discipline
- Experience in mental health and or working with young children and their families
- Current Victorian driver licence
- Latrobe Community Health Service complies with infectious disease control and immunisation requirements under legislation. This position is classified as a Health Care Worker B. Evidence of immunisation history and any mandated government vaccinations e.g. COVID 19 must be provided prior to confirmed appointment unless otherwise medically exempt (evidence of medical exemption must be supplied).
- An employee WWCC will need to be supplied and or attained before commencing.
For more information please contact Sharon Axten, Kids Connect Coordinator, on (03) 5136 8300.
At Latrobe Community Health Service we want to help you get back to what matters. To see the full position description and to apply, click the 'Apply Now' button.
We are an equal opportunity employer and therefore, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment. We are partnered with Job Access and pledged to Soldier On. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and identities, LGBTIQ+ people, people with a lived experience of disability and service personnel and their families to name a few. We will make reasonable adjustments when required. We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and an Employee Working with Children Check before we can make any offer of employment.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.