Indie School staff are committed to changing the lives of young people
Due to increasing student numbers, Indie School Albury is seeking to appoint a full-time Education Support/Administration Assistant (dual role).
This full-time position is a dual role which includes both education and administration support.
The successful candidate will support teachers and students in a secondary setting across all daily activities.
The role also requires the successful candidate to complete administrative tasks, as directed by the Head of School.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing classroom support to teachers and students
- Supporting individual students and small groups of students to experience success with their learning
- Assisting with excursions and the supervision of students
- Prioritising and completing a range of administrative tasks, as required by the Head of School
- Communicating professionally with members of our community
- Maintaining professional confidentiality
- Supporting the philosophy and ethos of the School (the ‘Indie Way’)
- Use of the Microsoft Office suite and other online programs, platforms and databases
- Completing other duties as determined by the Head of School
- Qualified Education Assistant, Teacher's Aide, Education Support or equivalent (such as Certificate III or IV)
- Currently hold, or willing to obtain, a current National Police check and a Working With Children Check (Victoria)
- Experience working with students who are, or have been, disengaged from mainstream education, or are at-risk of disengagement
- Experience supporting students with a range of learning needs, including disabilities, behavioural disturbances, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD/ADHD, low levels of literacy/numeracy, and mental illness
- An understanding of trauma informed education, or a willingness to gain this knowledge
- Strong literacy and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively (in a small team), and resiliently
- An understanding of the relevant regulations and legislation that applies to schools and children
Please submit, via Seek:
- A one page cover letter that explains how you meet the requirements for this role, and
- A resume (no more than three pages).
If you have any questions about this role, please contact April Fojtik (Head of School) on 0484895541 or April.email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Have you completed a qualification in education support?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.