Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Sydney Streetlevel Mission is an open door of hope, healing and restoration for anyone and everyone. We exist to see the love and compassion of Jesus bring life, hope, healing, restoration and freedom into the lives of those we meet in our centres and around our city!
We are currently seeking a values-driven and proactive Receptionist, reporting to the Operations Coordinator. You will effectively greet clients and guests at the reception and provide assistance to clients seeking support, including people in distress and refer to appropriate persons or case worker where necessary. This is a permanent full-time role, looking to engage a flexible work arrangement in which two people work part-time schedules, located in Surry Hills.
This job will ideally be a flexible work arrangement in which two people work part-time schedules.
You will successfully
- Provide assistance to clients and visitors to Streetlevel as the initial point of contact
- Manage all administration and general clerical activities
- Keep up to date and accurate electronic and hard copy files
- Participate in team activities and attend staff meetings when scheduled
- Assist Team Leaders with other tasks
You will have
- 2+ years experience in a similar reception role
- The ability to offer prayer and explain the Christian Gospel
- Experience in administrative procedures
- Experience working within the Community of NFP sector would be desirable
- Ability to relate to disadvantaged community member with problems of homelessness, physical and/or mental health and social dysfunction
- A willingness to undergo a National Police check
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax-free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.