Why work anywhere else!
With aspirations of Innovation, Trust and Empowerment driving everything we do at Yarra Ranges Council, we inspire people to create a better future through:
- Stronger collaboration across teams
- Continuously looking for better ways to deliver
- Encouraging our people to be courageous, authentic and accountable
- Improving outcomes for our community
Why our team needs you
Our Regional Assessment Service (RAS) are currently looking for a skilled Administration Officer to join their team providing support to aged people living within the Shire of Yarra Ranges. As the RAS Administration Officer you will be responsible for providing support to clients accessing the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) via the Home Support Assessment process. The role involves accurate database management, specific note-taking and booking client assessments whilst adhering to timelines set by the Commonwealth Government.
- Salary from $33.19 per hour (Band 4), plus superannuation
- Part Time until 30 June 2022
- 22.8 hours per week
What you’ll bring to our team
- Experience or qualifications in Business Administration or related discipline
- Experience in a suite of Information Technology systems, in particular, the Microsoft Suite
- Skills in working with people, and in particular, aged persons and those with a disability
- An excellent telephone manner and ability to follow process
- Knowledge of the Aged Care service sector, My Aged Care and the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- A positive, flexible, team orientated approach with a willingness to try new things
Why you’ll want to join us
As part of an innovative workplace that supports and enables collaboration, our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Free onsite car parking
- Close to public transport
- Activity Based Working environment
- Access to professional and career development opportunities
Why wait, apply now
To ensure your online application is complete, please attach your Cover letter, CV and your response to the below selection criteria (otherwise referred to as Competencies, which form the basis of the behaviours required to be successful in this role), these are also outlined in the position description attached.
Contributing to Team Success
Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs
Managing Work (includes Time Management)
Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Click to ‘Apply’ to view the position description, or for further information about our recruitment process visit our Careers at Yarra Ranges page.
Contact for enquiries: Kristie Davis, Executive Officer - Aged Friendly Communities on (03) 9294 6767
Closing date: 11.59pm, Thursday 28 October 2021
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Yarra Ranges Shire Council Enterprise Agreement 2019 and our Corporate Code of Conduct. Applicants will require the following:
• Police Check - renewal required every 3 years
• Australian licence in line with Council's Fleet Policy and Vic Road Regulations
• Working with Children Check
• Proof of full COVID 19 Vaccination (or single dose until 26 November) or approved medical exemption prior to commencement
Yarra Ranges Council is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to conversations for all positions about flexibility that works for you, be it full-time / part-time / job-share / purchased leave. We are committed to a culturally safe workplace that fosters diversity and inclusion and to the protection of children against child abuse in line with the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.