At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at https://www.spotless.com/
About the Role
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for astute Assistant Project Manager to join our state team. In this position you will be responsible for supporting the Regional Estate Development Manager to meet the objectives within the Project Delivery service line a desire to learn, develop and progress in our industry. You could potentially be a current APM looking to work on more significant and healthier pipeline of projects or a contract administrator looking to move into Project Management. The role gives you the ability to learn, progress and develop and to encourage maximum contributions of all participants in the project and focus these to maximise outcomes for all stakeholders, and help oversee the overall requirement from Defence for the Project Delivery in the Spotless Region.
This full-time role will report to the Estate Development Manager and will deliver a range of services, including but not limited to:
- Providing input to all stages of project planning and delivery that optimises project through life supportability costs to Defence
- Engage and work effectively with all stakeholders
- Supporting the Estate Development Manager in coordination of forward planning and staffing arrangements related to Project Delivery Services
- Providing access to related services and or cessation of services required as it relates to the project delivery
- Supporting the Estate Deliver Manager in liaison with the Contract Authority to maintain situational awareness of the forecast program of projects and keep the Contract Authority appraised of upcoming workload
- Ensure schedules are delivered on time
- Contribute to the strategic direction for the business unit in line with the Spotless strategy, with appropriate contributions from relevant team members
Our employees are the face of Spotless and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients. This role is suited to results driven individuals with a high level of interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to plan their work to meet strict deadlines and the changing needs of the business.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Significant experience in a similar field, i.e. asset/assistant project management or contract administration in the building industry including understanding of the BCA and relevant Australian Standards
- A trade or engineering background with relevant tertiary qualifications
- High level knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, Excel and Word
- Sound working knowledge of Computer based maintenance systems
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Sound commercial acumen with the ability to analyse data and make business recommendations
- Highly articulate with effective oral and written communication skills including report writing
- Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Highly effective planning, reporting and prioritising skills
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve the highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities - Spotless creates an environment which realises the potential of our people
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.