At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
To support growth and development within the industry, BHP is offering a number of Traineeships across our BMA Operations in Moranbah, Dysart, and Hay Point. This program provides motivated and passionate individuals the opportunity to learn new skills whilst experiencing life on site. Individuals will be equipped with the resources and support needed to establish a dynamic and fulfilling career within Mining.
In undertaking this two or three year traineeship you can expect hands on industry-lead training and mentoring by BMA’s talented workforce, first-rate working conditions, and a nationally recognised qualification in your chosen field on successful completion.
Embracing inclusion and diversity to create a vibrant culture that represents the communities in which we live, BMA is focused on high performance, safety, team work, strong Indigenous participation and gender balance.
Nationally accredited certificates on offer may include:
- Production Operator Trainee (Cert III in Surface Extraction)
- Dragline Operator Trainee (Cert III in Surface Extraction)
- Fixed Plant Processing Operator Trainee (Cert III in Resource Processing)
- Blasting Trainee (Cert III in Surface Extraction)
- Pump Operator Trainee (Cert III in Surface Extraction)
- Maintenance Tyre Technician (Certificate III in Surface Extraction - Earthmoving and off-road tyres)
- Port Terminal Operator (Cert III in Surface Extraction & Resource Processing)
- Terminal Blast & Paint Trainee (Cert III in Engineering – Casting & Molding)
What can BHP offer you?
- Hands on training with an Industry Leader
- Nationally accredited certificate in your chosen field
- Skills & experience to gain a career in the Resources Industry
- Working as part of a collaborative & supportive environment
- Competitive remuneration package and employee benefits
- First-rate working conditions and development opportunities
We are eager to connect with enthusiastic, motivated, and adaptable individuals wanting to learn new skills and embark on a career within the mining industry, this is an opportunity to be part of something big!
To be successful in our Traineeship you will have:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility, and sustainable development.
- A strong desire to learn and develop a range of new skills associated with your chosen field.
- Motivation to achieve individual and team goals and objectives with a willingness to actively contribute to attain results.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team alongside a range of diverse individuals.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicant’s suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employee in Australia to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (From the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. If you have any questions based on your individual circumstances please let our team know. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website
Supporting a diverse workforce
BHP acknowledge that we operate on the traditional lands of Barada Barna, Gaangalu, Yuwibara, Widi, Wonnarua people. We recognise the traditional rights to maintain the cultures, identities, traditions, and customs on their country, and strongly encourage their job seekers to apply.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Application close 12AM AEST Friday the 22nd of October 2022. Please note late application will not be accepted.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.