IRONMAN Group is the global industry leader in the delivery of mass participation event experiences. IRONMAN Oceania develops, owns, and manages mass participation triathlon, running, mountain bike and multi-sport events throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for an Event Operations Coordinator to join our team in Noosa.
You will be responsible for supporting the Noosa team with the effective and efficient planning, delivery, and innovation of our events.
Our philosophy is to develop and deliver events that are customer focused, innovative, and adaptable to change. You will be expected to live our values of Passion, Bravery and Collaboration to achieve the vision of ‘Inspiring one human at a time’.
Key Responsibilities (under the guidance of the Race Director):
- Scope and coordinate supplier & contractor requirements for course and venue planning and delivery
- Coordinate event specific supplier & contractor agreements including products & services sourcing, ordering, & delivering
- Create detailed event documents for event planning, record keeping and communication to staff and stakeholders
- Lodge operational permits and sanctioning documents as required
- Work as part of the Operations Team and participate in scheduled meetings on day-to-day operations and event delivery / briefings.
- Venue management of start lines, finish lines, festival areas, aid stations, expo etc.
- Ensure workplace health and safety compliance by adhering to IRONMAN Group’s H&S policies and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the Events industry preferred
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in Event Management or similar field (event industry experience may be considered to replace tertiary qualification)
- Experience managing health, safety, risk, and compliance including documentation, systems and processes
- Financial awareness to engage in budget management
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience desirable
- A high level of computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Manual Driver’s License
- Forklift & Scooter License desirable
- Valid Working with Children check.
The role is based in our Noosaville office and the successful applicant must be able to travel interstate to work on our events in Australia. Weekend event work will also be required at various times through the year.
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills, experience and motivation to be part of our team we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter by close of business on 5 November 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.