About the business and the role
Catherine House Inc. is a quality accredited, not-for-profit organisation that works with women impacted by homelessness. Catherine House is proactive in seeking innovative housing and support solutions and preventative strategies to end women’s homelessness. Our goal is not just to house women, but also to offer life-changing opportunities that will enable them to move forward and live a life that is purposeful and meaningful to them. Catherine House is an unregistered NDIS service provider with an area of specialty in psychosocial disability and providing transformative, recovery focused interventions. Service and supports are delivered to clients living in our accommodation and in different community settings.
We are recruiting a Case Worker to join our team. Together with other skilled and passionate staff, and with a trusted brand and reputation, you will become part of an iconic organisation that helps women live their best lives.
We invite applications for the following vacancy based in the Adelaide CBD:
Case Worker - Mental Health Programs
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award
Crisis Accommodation Employee (CAE)
Level 2 Pay Point 1-4 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
$37.54 - $40.39 per hour plus appropriate loadings
Full Time: weekday shifts: 8am-4pm, 9.30am-5.30pm, 12pm-8pm. Primarily Monday – Friday. On occasion due to need if rostered on a weekend or Public Holiday: 8am-4.30pm.
Generous Salary Packaging options are available.
Successful applicants will have:
- Post-secondary qualification in relevant filed, including mental health and/or psycho-social science / disability, plus experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in working with people who have a range of high and complex needs, including mental health and substance misuse issues
- Experience working with NDIS services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in providing psychosocial support
- Experience and knowledge of case work
- Enthusiastic, a team player, with good self-awareness and insight
- Successful current Disability Services Employment Screening or NDIS Worker Screening or ability to achieve one
- Current Child Safe Environments Certificate or ability to undertake this within the first 3 months of employment at own cost
How to apply:
Please note - no applications made via the SEEK website will be considered.
A copy of the Job and Person Specification for the position can be obtained at the following link: https://catherinehouse.org.au/join-us/
Send a covering letter, outlining your experience and suitability for the position, your CV, and the names of three referees, addressed to:
Darlene O'Leary - Clinical Lead Mental Health Programs
and emailed to: DarleneO@catherinehouse.org.au
PLEASE NOTE: Only applicants that have referred to and addressed the key requirements of the role as outlined in the Job and Person Specification will be considered for shortlisting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications is 9pm, Sunday 31 October 2021.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.