Our mission is open hearts and bold strides.
Ruah aims to promote measures to achieve equality. Section 51 of the Equal opportunity Act applies to this role.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Support Coordinator in Ruah’s Mobile Outreach Team. This is a full time, permanent position working 38 hours per week based at the Ruah Centre with the Intensive Housing Program.
The intensive Housing Program, Street to Home and Corrections Housing Support teams now operate as a Mobile Outreach Team to help clients access stable housing and support. This role also entails supporting clients being discharge from psychiatric units (Graylands, Royal Perth Hospital 2K, Bentley Mental Health Service, Fiona Stanley Hospital, Armadale Hospital) to obtain and maintain long-term accommodation whilst providing holistic case management support. As the position involves working with clients experiencing homelessness, knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act is desirable for this position.
At Ruah we work as one Ruah to support vulnerable clients to make a positive change. We need compassionate, experienced and trauma informed employees to drive our missions and values.
What do we offer?
- A supportive team
- Level 4 of the Social Home Care and Disability Services Award- $74,417-$80,066 depending on experience
- Salary packaging, 5 weeks annual leave, leave loading
- Our technology is pretty awesome too
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant qualifications in a related discipline at degree, diploma, or certificate level/less formal qualification with work or lived experience to perform sufficiently at this level/or demonstrated work experience at the level.
- Personal goal planning skills that contribute to the achievement of client goals in line with the Model of care.
- Skills in reflective practice and highly developed report writing using analytical reasoning.
- Ability to support and mentor support workers.
- Advanced computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and client reporting system.
- Ability to engage and maintain professional relationships with clients and their wider natural supports with multiple needs and issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex issues facing people who experience chaotic life circumstances such as homelessness, AOD use, family/domestic violence and mental health issues.
- Willingness and ability to work within and contribute to the vision, mission, core values and the guiding principles of the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, gender and social inclusion, particularly Aboriginal culture.
Please apply if you have demonstrated understanding of housing and homelessness.
Candidate Notice: Ruah continues to evaluate the requirements of the WA Government’s Health Worker Directions for mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations. This position requires both COVID-19 vaccinations, an applicant and/or new employee will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status in accordance with the Directions and/or applicable Ruah employment terms or policy.
If you are interested in this position, please prepare a 1-2 page cover letter outlining how you are suited to the role and addressing the selection criteria. Please submit this along with a current resume. The position description can be found on our website www.ruah.org.au.
Closing date for applications- Friday, 4pm, 22 October 2021
For further information about the position please contact:
Team Lead, Wongee Mia and Mobile Outreach
firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We are building a workplace where difference is embraced and encouraged - and to do this, we need people on our team who are representative of the clients we work with, who are passionate about change and courageous enough to stand up for what is right.
Everyone is welcome. Everyone belongs.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.