Teaching Positions Commencing 2021/22 at Tamar Valley Steiner School
*PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR ALL POSITIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 5TH NOVEMBER 2021*
The school has a number of positions to fill (both new and existing) and is seeking applications from interested and qualified candidates.
About the Business
Tamar Valley Steiner School is seeking applications from qualified teachers for a variety of roles at the school for term 4 2021 and for the 2022 school year. Positions range from:
- Learning support coordinator
- Classroom teachers
- Music teacher (strings and singing/ percussion)
If you are interested in applying for one of the above positions, please visit our website, download the position description and information package, or contact email@example.com for more information.
To apply, follow the link below
How to Apply: Your application should include:
1. Cover letter
3. Statements addressing Selection Criteria
4. Referees: The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for three referees who can comment on your suitability for the position.
Applications for HPE and learning support coordinator close 5pm, Monday 25th October 2021, Teaching positions close 5pm, Friday 29th October 2021.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Guide, teach and take the responsibility for all children in the class in accordance with the principles of Rudolf Steiner’s understanding of a child’s developmental stages and corresponding educational philosophy.
- Conduct and moderate age-appropriate assessments and provide written and verbal reports to parents/guardians.
- Prepare an educational program, including teaching materials and equipment, which is in keeping with Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework, as approved by ACARA.
- Differentiate teaching for students with additional learning needs and disabilities.
- Prepare for and participate in special events of the School, such as Open Days, parent information sessions, seasonal festivals and Steiner Community events and school working bees, etc.
Qualifications & experience
- Must have appropriate teaching degree and be registered to teach in Tasmania.
- Working with Vulnerable People Card (employment).
- Current first aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to attain).
- A knowledge of, or genuine interest in and willingness to learn about, Steiner Education.
- Proven experience in a teaching role.
- Ability to deliver the curriculum through the creative arts.
- Tamar Valley Steiner School is an independent, non-denominational school in the northern Tasmanian city of Launceston. The school opened in 2016 and has experienced steady growth throughout the past four years. The school is rapidly expanding on its new campus in St Leonards.
- The curriculum delivered at the school is based on the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework. This is recognised by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) as equivalent to the Australian National Curriculum.
- Our program includes regular Bush school, Eurythmy, gardening, art, craft and music.
- Our commitment to environmental sustainability is nurtured by a supportive school community, with an emphasis on nature and an appreciation of our natural world, and our indigenous history in educating the whole child.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.