About the business
Primary Care Connect is a local community health centre based in Shepparton operating under the social model of health. We work with our community to create better health outcomes. Visit our website www.primarycareconnect.com.au [link removed] for the organisations mission, values, journey and strategic direction.
About the role
The Youth Support Worker (YSW) will provide early intervention, a timely and intensive response and case management to the issues and the needs of young people through case planning, co-ordination of external agencies (as required), referrals and case reviews.
and case management for young people aged 10-18 years who are:
- Not subject to Statutory Youth Justice Orders
- At risk of entering the youth justice system, including those already in the early stages of involvement to divert them away from the system and
- To prevent further progression of young people who are at the early stages of involvement with the youth justice system by addressing the underlying reasons for offending behaviour.
The YSW will utilise their skills, experience and knowledge to engage young people and to understand the indicators of escalating behaviours such as prior police or court attendance, involvement with offending peer groups, engaging in high-risk behaviours such as self-harm, homelessness or risk of homelessness and family breakdowns.
Benefits and perks
Primary Care Connect provides a supportive workplace with staff who are committed and passionate about the community that we work in. Some of the many benefits of working with PCC include;
- Professional Development and Supervision
- Salary Packaging
- Work/Life Balance
Skills and experience
- Minimum Tertiary level qualification in health, welfare or youth work
- Demonstrated ability to actively engage young people in support services
- Commitment to practicing within a harm minimisation framework
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in casework practice including case-management, assessment and preparation of case plans
- A demonstrated understanding of adolescent development and the issues which underline offending behaviours and how these issues can be addressed
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to service delivery and its link to social justice
- Demonstrated awareness of the social model of health and its effects on an individual
- Solid commitment to working in partnership with external agencies
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and liaison skills
- Understanding of rural health and issues affecting young people
- Knowledge of the principles relating to confidentiality and duty of care
- Experience using technology to complete daily work tasks
- Professional and personal alignment with Primary Care Connect core values
We expect that all candidates who are interested in the position to include in their application the following;
- Cover letter
- Key Selection Criteria Statement
- At least two professional references
Further information can be found by visiting our website www.primarycareconnect.com.au or by contacting Debbie Mcdonald, Manager Alcohol and Other Drug Services, on (03) 5823 3200.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.