At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Energy is an established provider of integrated logistics services to both the onshore & off shore oil and gas sectors. Our services include Supply Base and transport operations. We are ideally suited to provide comprehensive support to the Oil and Gas industry with supply bases strategically positioned in Darwin, Dampier, Fremantle, Queensland, Melbourne, Portland, Bell Bay and Barry Beach.
Based in Melbourne, Qube are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their Finance Team.
- Ensure P&L and balance sheet information is accurate and maintained to accounting standards
- Analyse financial data and monitor KPI’s
- Consolidation of all sites reconciliations
- Manage and maintain fixed asset register
- Meet month end reporting deadlines
- Ensure that all accounting functions are carried out in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data for the financial system including both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable’
- Provide payroll information for non Microster employees to Qube payroll in Sydney and check accuracy of payroll files from this information. Post all payroll journals as provided into appropriate cost centres.
- Manage creditor payments for Qube Energy from dedicated Qube Energy bank account ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments.
- Reconciliations of Qube Energy bank accounts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Accounting degree. Preferable CPA or CA qualified or studying towards qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- High organisational skills and attention to details
In return, we offer an exciting opportunity to join a business that is experiencing rapid growth and continued leadership. Apply now!
Qube Energy is a subsidiary of Qube Ports & Bulk. Qube Ports & Bulk is the leading Stevedoring, Bulk Logistics and Port Management service provider in Australia. As an ASX top 100 company, Qube has the size to provide an impressive array of integrated logistics solutions. This service offering is backed up by a national network of 28 capital city and regional port and transport facilities across Australia.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.