headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year old’s. The service is designed to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for problems affecting their wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, vocational support, and alcohol and other drug services. To find out more about headspace visit headspace.org.au
Youturn is a not-for-profit organisation that started in 1989 to help address youth homelessness in Noosa. Since then, the organisation and grown and evolved, and now provides health and social services to over 6,000 young people and their families annually, to assist them in achieving their full potential.
Youturn is the lead agency of five headspace centres across Southern Queensland that focus on early intervention for young people through a range of services.
You'll find out more about Youturn at Youturn.org.au.
You will be responsible for providing administrative support to all operational areas of headspace Caboolture by attending to all reception, secretarial, administrative (including MBS billing), communication and organisational details in a youth friendly environment. Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Completing general administrative tasks
- Providing administrative support to headspace Consortium Management Committee including meeting preparation, meeting minutes and post-meeting tasks
- Maintaining equipment register and office systems
- Reception duties including patient billing, receipting and administration of Medical Benefits Scheme
- Managing client appointments
- Doctors billing
- Tertiary qualifications and/or minimum 3 years relevant experience in office administration, preferably including medical reception
- Knowledge and/or experience of MBS system and processes for patient billing or the ability to rapidly acquire relevant skills.
- Certificate in a relevant discipline (Certificate IV Health Administration) desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be tactful and respond to crisis situations
- A demonstrated ability to work with young people in a manner that is approachable and youth friendly.
- Ability to be innovative, respond to change and problem solve.
- An understanding of health and wellbeing of young people aged 12-25 years, particularly those experiencing mental health and/or alcohol or other drug issues.
- Detailed knowledge of structures and processes of Medicare and Health Insurers, including a good understanding of medical terminology.
- Well-developed knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint and medical software, including patient billing systems.
- Well-developed knowledge and experience in administration/reception procedures with good organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail including ability to develop and implement office administration procedures.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills, in particular the ability to communicate with a broad cross-section of people with a focus on young people specifically.
- Hold a current ‘C’ class open driver licence.
- Must hold a Blue Card issued by the Queensland Department of Justice and Attorney- General.
- Join a passionate team who are dedicated to supporting young people
- Salary packaging to maximise your income by increasing your take home pay
- Professional development opportunities
Mission & Values
Supporting young people in their time of need, is at the heart of what we do at Youturn. Our organisational culture is built on trusting relationships that are meaningful and inclusive. We listen to understand, we embrace diversity and we offer a safe space free from judgement.
To ensure our young people receive individualised support, we invest in team members who embody our values to foster a collaborative culture of excellence.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
We’d love to meet you!
If you have the skills, experience and passion to fit our team, please take the next step and submit your resume and cover letter.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.