Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
From crisis and transitional accommodation, right through to case management, education and training; living skills, vocational programs, counselling and outreach services, Oasis works to re-establish choice, self-worth and confidence in a safe environment.
We are seeking a proactive Finance/Administration Officer, reporting to the Manager. You will provide Financial and Administrative assistance. This is a permanent, part-time 18 hours per week position located in Chisholm, ACT.
You will successfully
- Be responsible for the timely processing, reporting and escalation of all accounts payable, receivable and ledger balancing to ensure an up to date and transparent accounting system
- Provide secretarial and administrative support including mail, filing, general correspondence and destruction of records
- Maintain accurate personnel files for other staff members with particular regard to timely completion of mandatory training requirements
- General Administration to support Oasis Youth Services operations including maintaining electronic/hard files, maintaining accurate data reports, purchase assets and equipment, monitor and report on rent and arrears, and mail distribution
- Manage and maintain systems for budgetary setting and control; including invoices, paying accounts, petty cash, imprest account, credit card reconciliations, ledger reconciliations, preparing, monitoring, updating and reviewing local centre budgets in line with allocated budget parameters, completing end of month and end of financial year processes as required within allocated timeframes
You will have
- An understanding, empathy, appreciation and the ability to promote the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Demonstrate skill in the use of computerised financial processing and data recording packages
- Accounting or Book Keeping qualifications and/or significant compatible work experience
- Demonstrated experience in the reconciliation of bank accounts, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of SAMIS (or similar IT-based client information recording systems) & SHIP (or similar IT-based client information recording systems)
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft 365 and Excel spreadsheets
What we offer
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax-free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.