Expression of Interest
South Eastern Australian Transport Strategy (SEATS) is a leading advocacy body committed to enhancing transportation infrastructure in the South East Region of Australia.
Establish in 1995, SEATS is a not-for-profit organisation, comprising multiple Local Government Councils, industry and stakeholders between Wollongong and Dandenong. The Group strategically lobby State and Federal Governments for improved Transport and economic solutions.
We are looking for an Executive Officer who can demonstrate an understanding of transport and roads systems across South Eastern Regions of New South Wales and Victoria and help solve important transport, safety and economic matters and deliver important initiatives.
The role will be called upon to lend strategic insight on policy, administration, and governance matters, building strong networks, relationships and increasing membership across Industries, stakeholders, and all levels of Governments.
The Executive Officer position will provide the highest degree of professional support will attend meetings both in New South Wales and Victoria and be accountable to the organisation’s Chairperson, Executives and Members. The Executive Officer provision and management of committee papers, correspondence, and website.
What is needed to succeed
Reporting to and working closely with the Chairperson, Executive and Members, the EO will be responsible for the development of the organisation to create and sustain a valued public profile and positive influence on transport, freight, and safety matters.
The ability to build strong relationships and advocacy with a diverse range of Members, industry stakeholders, and all levels of governments will be critical to your success.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Engagement across stakeholder groups internal and external to the organisation.
- Providing Administration support to Chairperson, Executive and Members with attention to detail
- Working collaboratively with the goal of achieving better outcomes for the organisation.
- Developing, up-dating and/or implementing Strategic and Business Plans
- Advocacy; relationship building; and good communication skills
- Reports/Grants and submission Writing
- Organising Meetings and events
- Ability to work independently with a volunteer board.
- Ability to manage digital marketing for the organisation including, newsletter preparations, website management and updating, and social media content.
- IT capability e.g., Word; data bases; etc.
- Ability to work and operating meets in the virtual environment
- Experience working with Elected Representatives and their Staff.
Additional requirements for position:
Applicants are required to have: -
- Registered business with ABN.
- Insurances; - Work Cover, Public Liability (minimum $10,000,000) and Professional Indemnity (minimum $2,000,000).
- Current Driver’s Licence
What the successful applicant will get in return
- An attractive 3 year term fixed contract (annual reviews) with option to renew
- Fixed (circa $56k per annum - average of 20 hours p.w.)
- Other conditions will be negotiated including Travel expenses; Office location; Administration costs and any other support required for the position.
This is a ‘hands-on’, role that can be based in either New South Wales or Victoria.
Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle. Work from Home.
Leadership role – chance to lead a major Transport Economic Advocacy Group.
If you have any questions or require further information regarding this position, please contact:
Clr. Patricia White Shoalhaven City Council - 0447 416 329
Enquiries and Expressions to Interest to be forwarded to: -
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.