The IRONMAN Group is the global industry leader in the delivery of mass participation event experiences. IRONMAN Oceania develops, owns, and manages mass participation triathlon, running, mountain bike and multi-sport events throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced events professional to lead our Operations team in Noosa in the Regional Director role.
As Regional Director you will be responsible for overseeing the event management and delivery of Noosa's portfolio of IRONMAN events.
You will work with the Race Directors to manage the key elements of event delivery including budget planning and management; key stakeholder relationships (e.g. governments and councils); successful operational planning and execution; and athlete/customer services.
You will lead a team of 5 direct reports (including Race Directors, Operations Coordinators and a Logistics Manager) throughout the planning process and event week. You will also work closely with the Head of Operations, Marketing and Partnerships teams to ensure marketing and partnership objectives are delivered.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant events management or operations experience (minimum of five years’ experience)
- Relevant qualification in Sports Management or Event Management.
- Proven people management experience with strong ability to lead others.
- Outstanding relationship management skills with extensive community and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Financial acumen to support budget planning and management.
- Experience managing health, safety, risk, and compliance including documentation, systems and processes.
- Energetic, personable, and able to work co-operatively with other team members.
- Any personal experience with IRONMAN events would be very well regarded.
- Experience and / or an interest in sports, fitness or tourism, would be an advantage.
- Must be willing and able to travel to multiple times throughout the year.
The role is based in our Noosaville office and the successful applicant will be required to travel to events in Australia and New Zealand. Weekend event work will be required at various times through the year.
If you feel you have the skills and motivation to be a key part of our team we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter by close of business on 19 November 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the sports & fitness industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.