Chief Executive Officer
Drug and Alcohol Multicultural Education Centre (DAMEC)
- Reduce the harm associated with alcohol and other drug use in culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in New South Wales
- Based in Western and South Western Sydney
- Values-driven leadership opportunity
The Drug and Alcohol Multicultural Education Centre (DAMEC)’s primary purpose is to reduce the harm associated with the use of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) within culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in New South Wales (NSW). Our activities include:
• Research into AOD use within CALD communities in NSW.
• Projects with AOD treatment services to improve their cultural competence and their accessibility to CALD communities.
• Community education and community capacity-building projects with CALD communities to prevent alcohol and other drug-related harm.
• Development and dissemination of multilingual AOD resources.
• Development and delivery of culturally responsive AOD treatment services.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will provide strategic direction and service management for DAMEC. This is an active, hands-on and rewarding role that requires determination, tenacity, high emotional intelligence, diplomacy and vision, in order to ensure maximum impact. The CEO will guide and execute the overarching strategy of DAMEC, ensuring alignment of activity to contractual obligations and building sustainability into the organisation through strategic financial and operational management.
The CEO has oversight of all aspects of the business’s strategic plans, operational policies and initiatives; ensuring operations consistently meet the changing needs of this growing organisation; including financial positioning and trajectory, people and culture, data management, marketing and communications.
You bring a client-focused mindset, long-term vision, and a progressive style of people leadership with the ability to implement strategy, mentor and inspire team achievement and can roll your sleeves up when required. You possess a significant track record of achievement in building operational management, including finance, budgeting, compliance, people and IT systems. You will have an understanding of AOD and/or CALD multicultural health issues.
As well as an attractive executive salary we offer the following benefits:
- Salary packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay) and car
- Flexible work arrangements (including work from home and negotiable span of hours)
- A culturally diverse and supportive team environment
- Supportive board
- Ethical, values driven organisation
For a copy of the Position Description and instructions on how to apply for the role, please contact Mr Duc Than at DAMEC on email@example.com.
Preferred candidates must be willing to obtain a current Police Check.
Applications close 5pm 28 November 2021.
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.