Accounting Administrator and Personal Assistant (mainly work from home)
Multitasking, super-fast, super-organised, reliable administrator/PA with accounting office experience required (mainly work from home)
Applications close midnight Sunday 17 October
We are a small accountancy firm, focused completely on vets. The mounting volume of little extra jobs are distracting the partners from their main role. So we now need a person to do lots of little jobs including corporate register annual renewals, admin, liaison with clients, mail and even some petsitting. This will be 20 hours a week.
If you like working from a list of 20 jobs, with priorities changing on an hourly basis and you can change the order you work in with no problem - this could be the job for you.
You need to be able to work quickly and flexibly being able to move from one task to the next in rapid succession. Above all you must be able to follow procedures.
You need to
· Have excellent computer and IT skills
· Be extremely accurate with data entry
· Have good customer service skills
· Be able to deal with lots of accounting administration including ASIC annual renewals
· Have very good time management skills and be able to manage your own time
· Be able to multitask and prioritise tasks almost on an hourly basis
· Be able to pick up tasks and put them down when something else crops up (and still get everything done)
· Be able to put together emails in a friendly tone, but grammatically correct English
We are very progressive in technology and love to be early adopters, so you need to be a bit out of the ordinary in that you are comfortable with and able to pick up new software systems and work with them. Don’t think of applying if you find working with new software a burden.
You will need to be local enough to drop into the post office a couple of times a week, or buy something urgent and deliver it to us.
There may be up to 6 weekends that you need to work a year.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
· ASIC annual renewals
· Liaise with clients and follow up on information
· Draft reports, letters and other documents
· New client registration – engagement letters, ethical letters, adding to software
· Organising client event days
· Organising client documents and keeping accurate records
· Invoicing from xero
· Dealing with general enquiries
· Scheduling repair men, dealing with tenant queries and other ad how property requirements
· General office administration – mail, stationery
· Occasional pet sitting during the day at the office
We have a paperless office so you will work mostly at home (only need to visit the office to drop off mail twice a week, ASIC paperwork filing once a month, and the occasional pet sitting duty). Our work is done remotely by Google docs and Google mail so you need to be happy to work in that way.
Working with us
Though we only deal with the veterinary industry, this doesn’t mean to say that you need to have your own private zoo in order to work with us though you probably love your own pet, and you will need to give all the office dogs the occasional pat. We have 3 dogs in the office every day so if you’re not a dog lover this is not for you. What you do need is to be good at working accurately while maintaining a good pace at the same time and with no supervision.
If this looks like the job for you to apply please complete the application form at
As well as sending a resume to email@example.com
Only applications as above will be considered.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.