Middlemount Coal Pty Ltd is an incorporated joint venture between Yancoal Australia and Peabody PCI Australia. The mine produces approximately 5.0 million tonnes of medium-volatile pulverized coal injection (PCI) coal and semi-hard coking coal for the export market.
We are looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join our dynamic team at Middlemount Coal. As an integral part of the CHPP team, you will be responsible for the overall processes. The position will focus on the efficiencies of all circuits by implementing strategies that increase overall yield whilst maintaining quality specifications for our customers.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Process Engineer to join our team on site at Middlemount Coal.
About the role:
- Focuses on reducing unit costs per tonne in the CHPP.
- Delivers optimisation projects.
- Monitoring of the day-to-day operations to achieve maximum CR results
- Supports in the development of standards, check lists and procedures for CHPP operators with regards to your field of expertise.
- Working closely with the CHPP management team to build a highly skilled and disciplined workforce by the sharing of your knowledge and mentoring capabilities.
- Works closely with Production Coordinator and Technical Services team by contributing to daily, weekly, and monthly production plans, plays a key role in post history review meetings to develop robust systems and procedures.
- Works closely with the production team to ensure feed and blending qualities are met.
- Has scope in maintaining the accuracy of the onsite laboratory results.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with external stakeholders.
- Provide support and technical guidance to onsite personnel.
- Provides Engineering expertise for resolution to process issues.
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role and working environment.
- 5 years’ experience with mineral processing plants and/ or wash plant operations
- Demonstrated leadership competencies.
- Tertiary qualification in process engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of fixed plant control systems
What to expect in return:
We are dedicated to providing our staff with the best opportunities to grow and develop through professional development. We offer an attractive salary, relocation assistance and discounted health insurance, will be offered to the successful candidate.
This role is offered on a 9-day fortnight, DIDO or reside locally.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to apply via Seek, providing a resume outlining experience and qualifications in line with the accountabilities and selection criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a process engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.