Do you want to work in Australia’s Top End, where traffic and commutes are a distant memory?
And a stroll on the beach to watch a spectacular sunset is just a few minutes from home?
Come and join our team.
- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Permanent Full-time position - December/ January Start Date
- $77K - $83K Plus 15.4% Nominated Super
- Darwin Location
- Working in isolated locations attracts allowances above the base salary rate
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
About ABC Regional & Local
The ABC’s Regional & Local team is all about Australian communities and their conversations. Our teams create unique and distinctive content that connect communities and shape lives in metropolitan, regional and remote Australia. From our eight capital city radio stations, our forty four regional bureaux, through to screen, live events and sport, Regional & Local is about real people, real places and real life.
About the Role
Do you want to work in Australia’s unique Top End? Where traffic and commutes are a distant memory?
And heading home involves a sea view and a spectacular sunset every night?
Are you an energetic and motivated producer, with a passion for telling stories and exploring issues that matter to our audience?
ABC Radio Darwin is seeking an experienced content maker with the skills, creativity and contacts to produce an engaging daily program that reflects the interests and aspirations of people across Darwin.
In this role you will be a self-starter who creates content across multiple platforms that aligns with ABC strategy and supports the achievement of Regional & Local’s objectives.
Working collaboratively with the team, you will:
- Create dynamic and compelling original radio, social and online content.
- Provide in-studio production support and manage talk-back callers and guests.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Local Emergency Coverage plan.
- Create local content that can be shared with other content teams across the ABC.
- Cross promote other ABC content to increase audience engagement.
With strong program making skills and a proven ability to develop and make original and engaging audio and cross-platform content for target audiences, you will bring with you:
- Accomplished editorial skills including the ability to develop and make original and engaging audio and cross-platform content.
- Good time management and an ability to think and act quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with people from a range of diverse backgrounds.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 50056713 CONTENT MAKER.pdf
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information on this position please contact Cherie Beach, Chief of Staff on 08 8943 3242
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Thursday 28 October
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.