John Paul College is one of Queensland’s largest independent Early Learning to Year Twelve co-educational schools. Founded in 1982 as the state’s first Christian Ecumenical school, we have a collective enrolment of approximately 1700 students.
John Paul College delivers a contemporary education grounded in traditional values. Our people are at the heart of all we do, and this is reflected in our purpose: to educate, to inspire, to make a difference.
Located 20 minutes south of Brisbane’s CBD, the natural bushland campus features extensive and modern facilities to support a leading-edge technology programme and wide-ranging cultural and sporting opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Learning Assistant to support our Primary School, commencing in January 2022 on a 12 month contract working 20 hours a week during term time.
The Learning Assistant will provide teachers and students a high level of classroom assistance and support. They will have a responsibility for the preparation and enhancement of learning materials associated with classroom activities.
Applicants must have the ability to develop inclusive learning environments, foster positive relationships and to communicate with staff, students and parents in a timely and respectful manner.
The Learning Assistant will maintain a spirit and character that is supportive and recognises the worth of each student as an individual in accordance with the College Ethos.
The successful candidates will:
- have the relevant qualifications such as a Diploma of Education Support, Certificate III or IV in Education Support
- have an understanding of the educational, social and emotional needs of children, including those with learning needs
- have an ability to work with children taking account of different abilities, pace of learning and learning styles;
- communicate effectively and display a high level of interpersonal skills to function as an effective team member;
- be confident and resourceful, willing and able to work in any year level in a variety of situations;
- be willing to take on professional development, attend team meetings, and contribute to their own professional growth
Applicants must be prepared to model and maintain the Christian ecumenical ethos, values and beliefs of the College. This position involves working with children. The Learning Assistant will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child-related employment in accordance with the law.
Applications are to be made to the attention of Lindsay McQuattie – Head of Primary School and should include the names and contact details of at least three professional referees.
Applications are to be lodged via the College's Careers Portal.
Interested applicants may contact Human Resources at the College for further information.
Applications close 22 October 2021 at 5pm.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.