Administration & Office Assistant
Our aim at Western Australian Veterinary Emergency and Specialty (WAVES) is to provide high quality advanced and specialist care for family pets, treating them as we would treat our family members. WAVES is home to a number of speciality referral services which includes surgery, dermatology, medicine, anaesthesia, emergency & critical care and diagnostic imaging. Our staff are friendly, dedicated, compassionate and highly knowledgeable specialists, veterinarians and nurses who aim to provide the highest level of care for pets in Perth in a supportive partnership with the pet’s general practitioner.
The Emergency and Critical Care Service is seeking a
Administration & Office Assistant.
As an integral member of the Emergency and Critical Care Management Team, it is essential that the Administration & Office Assistant shows careful attention to detail to uphold the high standards of the Emergency and Critical Care Service, whilst creating, maintaining and contributing to a positive, collaborative and empathetic culture. The successful applicant must have the ability to develop and implement practical policies and procedures and exercise sound judgment whilst making decisions. The Administration & Office Assistant must have a “can do” attitude and be highly motivated to contribute substantively to the team’s success and ensuring that team members remain motivated and satisfied with their work. The Administration & Office Assistant must be able to handle the challenges that come with supporting and managing staff working in a 24hour Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care facility.
- Assist in managing all HR aspects for Emergency and Critical Care Professional Staff, Nursing and Support Staff including workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, remuneration, grievance management and workers compensation
- Coordinating and monitoring rosters for a large team
- Client liaison including coordinating the client complaints resolution process
- Leading and developing our team and building a positive team culture
- Monitoring team performance, whilst implementing actions to encourage improvement
- Driving our business forward through creating and implementing marketing and social media strategies
- Contribute to the development, review and promotion of HR policies and procedures
- Manage the on and off-boarding of staff
- Coordinate and promote health and wellness initiatives
- Participate in the planning and budget maintenance processes
- Create, review, and implement service protocols and procedures
- Serve as a liaison between hospital directors, business / service directors and other department managers
- Assist with client accounts and debt management
- Qualifications in human resources, management and leadership or a related discipline
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Superb administrative and planning skills
- Empathy, self-discipline and objectivity
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to difficult situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent documentation and IT skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of the veterinary industry
- Experience in hospital management or in an operations role
- Experience in counselling
Attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
You will join a team who consider WAVES to be their second family, and we want you to be keen to be a part of this and grow with us. So, if you think that you may be the person we are looking for to keep our Emergency and Critical Care Service running smoothly, please email email@example.com to find out about our recruitment process and how to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.