The City of Launceston, an award winning Employer of Choice, is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Communications Officer
Position Number: POS0909
This permanent full time position is responsible for promoting and increasing the awareness of the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery (QVMAG) as a destination for tourists and the community of Northern Tasmania. It provides creative and art direction on design outputs, and manages QVMAG's social media channels and website.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates, through behaviour, an alignment and an understanding of our values and has the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills, across both digital media and traditional media.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing cross-platform communications campaigns, including experience with analytics and reporting to measure success.
- Proven experience in developing, managing and fostering social media and other online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, with a focus on increasing and maintaining audiences and communities of shared interest.
- Demonstrated experience developing creative and design briefs and leading the creative and art direction for graphic design, photography and videography.
- High level project planning skills, including schedule and budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, to implement ideas and solutions, while maintaining a systematic and logical approach to achieving outcomes.
- Tertiary degree in Marketing, Media or Communications or extensive experience in marketing or communications.
If you are interested, for further information and instructions on how to apply please go to the employment page of our website at www.launceston.tas.gov.au and download the Employment Information Pack for this position.
For further information, please contact Karina West, Manager Museum Operations on 03 6323 3774.
To apply, please address your application to People and Culture clearly stating the position number and send to email@example.com
Your application should include a Cover Letter, your current Resume and a statement addressing the highlighted Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description section of the Employment Information Pack. You must address the Selection Criteria to be eligible for interview.
Applications must be received by 3.00pm, Friday, 29 October 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.