About the company
Our client is an Australian based company that is undergoing significant growth. Located in Albury/Wodonga are with a comprehensive range of dairy products including cheese and yoghurts, they are partnering with Evolve to source 4 Lab Technicians initially on contract with view to long term.
We are calling all Science Graduates in Albury/Wodonga!!! Full training will be provided. Candidates must live close by to Albury/Wodonga or be able to relocate immediately.
We are seeking Laboratory Technicians to join our clients team. Reporting to the Laboratory Coordinator, you will carry out sampling and testing of our client's products.
Manufacturing on this site runs 24/7 and there are multiple roles available across day, afternoon or night.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sampling, preparation, testing and analysis of chemical, microbial samples and raw materials.
- Environmental monitoring of the manufacturing plant.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders via verbal and written means to communicate accurate test results.
- Maintaining, operating, calibrating and troubleshooting the laboratory equipment correctly as required.
- Carrying out internal GMP audits.
- Reviewing the performance of the laboratory through a defined set of measures (i.e. traceability of results, continuous improvement, accuracy of calibration and testing).
- Housekeeping of the laboratory environment, to adhere to safety standards.
- Carrying out receival, stocktake and storage of laboratory consumables.
Skills & experience:
To be successful for this role, you will possess the following:
- Minimum Tertiary Qualification in Food Science, Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Proven experience within a Food Organisation in a related role is highly desirable
- GMP &/or HACCP qualifications is desirable.
- Possess a strong understanding of QC systems and processes within a food manufacturing environment.
- You must have excellent computer and report writing skills.
- You must have excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
Laboratory experience in the dairy-related or food environment is preferred but not essential. Rcent science graduates are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
You must possess initiative, enthusiasm and come with excellent Quality Systems knowledge in Food manufacturing.
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas e.g. Working Holiday Visa.
How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now" button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.
Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award-winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.