The Fremantle Football Club, also known as the “Freo Dockers”, are an elite contender of the Australian Football League.
We are proud to have a loyal membership base and strong commercial partnerships.
With an eye towards future commercial opportunities and maximisation of stadium revenue we are seeking applications for a Chief Commercial Officer to join our Executive Team to oversee the successful operation of the Club’s Commercial and Consumer activity, and to contribute to the Club's overall strategic direction, cultural leadership, and ongoing development.
You would report directly to the CEO and, depending on your individual strengths, skillset and background, would be responsible for all or a selection of the following:
- Membership, Ticketing and Fan Development
- Premium and Corporate Partnerships and Sales
- Business Development / Sponsorship Revenue
- Events and Coterie Groups
- Digital Advertising
- Merchandise and Memorabilia
- Non-traditional Football Revenue Opportunities
Through effective application of your leadership and collaboration skills, your personal and professional rapport, and your sound financial acumen, you would lead each of the above teams in the successful achievement of their annual budgets.
Should your application be shortlisted for further review, you will be provided with further information and a comprehensive position description which expands on key responsibilities areas, including:
- Commercial Strategy
- Products and Services
- Sales and Marketing
- Service Delivery
- People and Culture
- Finance and Risk
Offer and Benefits
The terms of your employment would be negotiated with you and include a competitive base salary, generous incentive plan, and several other non-financial benefits. Not least amongst these is an incredible team culture, with year on year increases to the Club's employee engagement score as we advance from strength to strength.
This is a critical appointment and our employees deserve the best of leaders. With this in mind, we are seeking applicants with experience and capability including but not limited to the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Marketing or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a Senior Management or General Management position
- Proven ability to effectively lead multiple departments towards a unified goal
- Is a strategic thinker, capable of leveraging data to generate insights, identifying key issues and opportunities, developing and evaluating alternative courses of action; and resolving complex problems.
- Possesses strong commercial and consumer acumen and networks, with a working knowledge of the sports business landscape
- Capable of obtaining and maintaining a Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance as a condition of employment
- Prior experience within the AFL and sporting industry is preferred but not essential
Please submit your application as soon as reasonably possible as shortlisting will commence immediately.
All applications will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality, including timely responses.
We politely ask not to be approached by recruitment agencies at this time.
Applications close 1pm AWST Friday 29 October 2021
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.