South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management & Reliability, you will provide technical support for updating and maintaining mechanical engineering standards throughout IMC.
This is a permanent full-time position and a great opportunity to join South32 at Illawarra Metallurgical Coal.
Key accountabilities –
- Support the execution of the major root cause analysis (RCA) process and actions to improve asset operating performance
- Driving the compliance change management process from identification of change by site(s) through to closure of final actions
- Develop and maintain Asset Management Plans(AMPs) to support the strategic asset lifecycle management processes
- Govern mechanical standards and inputs in to the IMC Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP)
- Support and monitor mechanical engineering effectiveness in maintenance strategies through review of RCM and FMECA studies, in conjunction with Reliability Teams.
You will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical or Asset Management
- Mechanical Statutory qualification is desirable
- Experience working in mining operations including underground coal mine
- Experience in FMECA/RCM facilitation
- ICAM and Apollo Root Cause Analysis
- 1SAP work management
- Project, risk and change management
- Demonstrated ability to contribute, influence and make decisions within multi-functional teams
- Competitive Salaries and bonus structures
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
This position will be based at the Illawarra Metallurgical Coal Office in Wollongong, located approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
About Illawarra Metallurgical Coal
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Applications for this job will close on Thursday 28th October, 2021.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.