Coates is Australia's largest equipment hire company with over 130 years of experience in industry, supplying to a wide variety of markets including Engineering and Building Construction & Maintenance, Mining & Resources, Manufacturing, Government, and Events.
As a Coates Trade Assistant (or what we call Equipment Maintenance Coordinators), you will be responsible for the cleaning and inspection tasks of equipment at the branch. This includes some minor repairs and adjustments and the use of test instruments. The role is responsible for the reporting of equipment damage and ensuring equipment is ready, fit for purpose and safe for hire. In addition, this is a supporting role to the workshop fitter mechanics/electricians to enable them to focus on equipment repairs and more complex tasks.
This role is perfect if you are mechanically minded, enjoy fixing equipment and like to work outside with your hands.
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Benefits: Competitive payrate, fortnightly pay, remote living allowances, development opportunities, career progression and more!
• Demonstrate and contribute to Coates Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture by following all safety protocols.
• Check and control equipment (inbound & outbound) as it comes in and out of the yard inclusive of the spotting function.
• Perform basic inspection checks and minor repairs of equipment at the branch following the Coates Maintenance program.
• Assist in keeping workshop and service area clean, tidy and safe.
• Liaise and interact with customers as required; assist customers in loading and unloading of equipment; ensure high standards of customer service and interaction.
As well as having amazing customer service skills and a Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will have:
• Current drivers & forklift high risk license
• Good verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Intermediate computer skills, time management & organisational skills
• Be physically fit and knowledgeable about safety standards
• Mechanical equipment knowledge is desirable
• Familiarisation with Take 5’s and JSEA’s
Gaining an understanding of the equipment is vital to this role, as you will be called on to maintain up to date information on new equipment and conduct inspection tasks. You will manage a diverse range of customers (internal colleagues and external clients) and operate in a fast paced and challenging environment.
Ready to Join?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.