- Competition and Program Management
- Unique Fulltime experience to engage with APY Lands Community
- Role to be based within proximity to APY Lands (e.g Alice Springs)
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will be responsible for the delivery of the SANFL APY League and Junior Competitions. Successful delivery of these competitions and supporting participation programs require excellent stakeholder management and communication. You will facilitate exceptional engagement with the APY Community to encourage ongoing participation through a sustainable approach that provides opportunities and development pathways in Australian Rules Football.
Role responsibilities are summarised as follows:
- Deliver SANFL APY League and Junior Competitions
- Support the delivery of representative football and AFL Next Generation Academies locally
- Oversee Active Education Programs
- Education Ambassador – support cultural awareness initiatives
This role will require regular weekend and some evening work throughout the football season and travel across the APY Lands. The role is provided with a fully maintained vehicle and to maximise role effectiveness it is preferred candidate resides in close proximity to APY Lands or Alice Springs.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You will be an experienced program leader that is able to consistently deliver high quality competition and program administration, underpinned with strong empathy for delivery in remote indigenous communities. You will be a relationship and solution focussed individual who is passionate about footy and community engagement. You will thrive in an environment that balances accountability with empowerment and be an outstanding brand ambassador in promoting football pathways.
Your ability to deliver this will be underpinned by the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (or equivalent industry experience)
- DHS Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence
- Remote First Aid (or ability)
- 4WD training or experience (or ability to obtain)
- Empathy and working knowledge of cultural awareness education
- Demonstrated and proven ability in understanding of and capacity to work effectively with Indigenous populations
- Experience in working with young people and their families, schools, community organisations, government & non-government organisations
- Experience in supporting the development of people in a workplace environment to develop general employability skills
- Excellent understanding of Australian Rule Football
- Effective workforce engagements skills (employment and volunteers)
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of remote Indigenous culture.
- A demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australian society and the diversity of circumstances of APY Lands people.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with APY Lands personnel on service delivery.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with relevant Commonwealth and State Government personnel.
- A demonstrated ability to manage conflict resolution in an environment that is often unstable.
- Good understanding of the ‘other sports' specific teaching, knowledge and skill need
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to develop a vision and strategic plan for direction
- Able develop action plans to meet strategic outcomes
- Manage effectively processes, people and tasks
- Manage time effectively
- Relates easily to others
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders
A BIT ABOUT US
We are highly collaborative, team first orientated and of course FUN! Working relationships are authentic and we strive for and encourage progressive thought and practices. We offer some great benefits such as SANFL Season Memberships, and Wellbeing and Social initiatives.
We’re committed to changing our game for the better. We’ve developed junior football and women’s football and we’re dedicated to multicultural & indigenous development. We’re shaping the future, widening the breadth and depth of what we do, from the grassroots up.
We’ve done this, because #WeLoveFooty.
KEY CANDIDATE INFORMATION
- Applications close 31 October 2021 and should be submitted as a single PDF document.
- Shortlisting and interviews may be conducted throughout the application open period.
- The estimated start date will be mid-January 2022 to be discussed with the preferred candidate
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.