Who we are:
The City of Salisbury is a local government entity and encompasses an area of 158km2. We are a customer focused organisation, providing essential services to residents and visitors, in a dynamic and flexible working environment.
We are a progressive, sustainable and connected community, where we celebrate our employee's and community's diversity and where people are valued and feel safe, included, connected and have a sense of belonging.
To deliver the best service to our customers we strive for a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. We value diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience a diverse workforce brings to our organisation.
Our values (ReACH) encompass Respect, Accountability, Collaboration and Helpfulness. Do you want to work in a team-based environment, delivering projects for the benefit of the community?
This is diverse role which will involve responsibilities such as:
- Undertake research, analysis and planning to understand and respond to key demographic and community issues, trends and the changing needs of the community to inform planning decisions, services and program development/delivery including open space and sport and recreation facility development.
- Coordination and facilitation of sport development opportunities as part of the Salisbury Sport and Recreation Network.
- Prepare advice for senior leaders on sport/recreation, open space issues and opportunities facing the community.
- Provide advice, conduct research and maintain relationships with external stakeholders to develop appropriate draft plans, strategies, polices and projects to address priority issues.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
The role requires someone with the ability to:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience.
- Experience in undertaking complex research projects, and the preparation of reports and submissions.
- Experience in formulating, analysing and interpreting demographic and other statistical and complex information.
- High standard of written and verbal communication.
- Comprehensive skills in relationship management.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Sound knowledge of the major social issues, policy, programming and roles facing Government, communities and non-Government sector.
- Good understanding of the long-term goals of Council.
Who you are:
The successful candidate will be a highly efficient, organised person with a strong understanding of the community benefits that can be achieved through sport and recreation..
What's in it for you?
Ability to become part of a hard-working dedicated team, making a difference to the community delivering on an exceptional customer experience with the flexibility to manage what's important through an excellent work life balance.
Further information is available by accessing the Position Description.
People who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity as well as people of culturally diverse backgrounds and of diverse abilities are encouraged to apply.
Specific enquiries can be made to Andrew Hamilton, Manager Sport Recreation & Community Planning on 8406 8294.
Applications close 9:00am Friday, 29 October 2021.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.