We’re a national design and construct team that exists to help bring brands and spaces to life. Uniquely, we combine planning, design, manufacturing, project management and construction to deliver pragmatic, end-to-end solutions.
We have over 150 talented and committed team members and offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne.
As a Unita Cadet you will gain a diverse range of skills that will see you master an array of disciplines across the industry through mentoring, site visits, information sessions and more.
You will gain experience within all areas of the business - Estimation, Project Delivery (Contract Administration + Project Management) and Onsite exposure, all before having the opportunity to specialise in your preferred field.
As a Cadet, you will be involved in the following:
- Working in a team environment using our own in-house technology (Nexvia) in conjunction with other industry software.
- Identifying which trades and suppliers are required.
- Liaising with all trades and suppliers via phone and email.
- Cost management of trades through construction process.
- Attending meetings with Clients/Project Managers and Site staff.
- Processing and review of invoices/progress claims.
- General administration duties.
- Document control.
To be successful in this role, the following skills are needed:
- Current enrollment (ideally near completion) in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying studies, or similar.
- Proven competency in Microsoft Office software packages
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- An ability to work well in a team environment & autonomously.
- Effective time management and attention to detail.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn.
- Practical industry experience is advantageous, although not essential.
- Ability to learn current OH&S, construction and building requirements.
We are committed to ensuring our people have ‘better’ experiences at Unita, so in addition to an exciting and challenging role, you’ll enjoy:
- Access to world class technology;
- A range of training and development initiatives to help you succeed in your career;
- Monthly + yearly celebrations and staff awards;
- Branded apparel/uniform;
- Health and wellness activities.
We're looking for people who can help shape our business for the future and take us to the next level. If this sounds like a match and you're an eager Construction Cadet wanting to build a successful career path with an industry leader, we'd love to hear from you!
If you have any questions, or would like to have a confidential chat about this role, please reach out to the People and Culture Officer, Dayna Wisely, on 0448 440 655.
We'd love to hear from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Have you completed a qualification in construction?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.