What an opportunity!
Chemist Warehouse is Australia's leading retail pharmacy group and one of Australia’s most recognised brands. In addition to the 17,000+ employees working in over 500 stores across Australia, we also have a growing international presence in New Zealand and Ireland.
Over the last 18 months, we have had the good fortune of seeing our business adapt and continue to grow despite the obvious challenges and as a result, we are recruiting for an HR Advisor to join us at our Head Office in Preston.
About the Role
As a member of our collaborative HR Advisory team, the HR Advisor will be responsible for providing advice and support on a range of HR and employment-related issues to line managers and other stakeholders from across our entire business.
With a strong working knowledge of HR, the HR Advisor will influence business leaders to achieve positive HR outcomes that consistently comply with relevant legislation and internal policy.
Working with a defined internal client group, the primary focus and responsibilities of the HR Advisor include:
- Act as the key point of contact on a range of HR-related matters for store owners and line managers, providing accurate advice and coaching them to achieve desired HR outcomes that minimise risk through consistent compliance with legislation and internal policy
- Advise stakeholders on matters requiring interpretation of HR-related legislation, internal HR policies, or Awards/Enterprise Agreements (including the Fair Work Act 2009, Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Modern Awards, and Enterprise Agreements).
- Keep up to date and understand changes to internal policy, procedures, employment legislation and Enterprise Agreements to ensure accurate and lawful action
Manage HR cases
- Provide advice and coaching for store owners and line managers to effectively manage individual cases of performance management and/or disciplinary matters within their teams
- Oversee formal cases of employee grievances, workplace investigations, or dismissal/termination to ensure that stores comply with proper process and make decisions or take actions that are justified and lawful
- Take the lead in managing sensitive or serious cases, ensuring the proper process is executed fairly and impartially, or escalating problems to the HR Lead as required.
Build HR capability
- Coach and mentor store owners and line managers to increase their leadership capability and knowledge of best-practice HR delivery
- Train and upskill stakeholders through the delivery of existing training programs
- Identify areas of development and provide training or support to key stakeholders by delivering existing programs, or by designing bespoke learning interventions that address specific needs.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a HR Advisor or Generalist role
- Proficient knowledge of employment legislation and Modern Awards
- The ability to interpret legislation and to provide advice accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT and computer skills.
- Well-developed people skills, including being aware of the different influencing strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make decisions.
- Highly organised and with an attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Able to coach and influence colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in HR or related field will be highly regarded
- The successful applicant must also meet a satisfactory National Criminal Check History outcome
Interested? APPLY NOW!
Please NOTE: Due to the number of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Agency applications will not be considered
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.