Partnerships and Programs Manager
The International RiverFoundation (IRF) champions integrated river basin management for the restoration, protection and sustainable management of the world’s rivers. We do this by facilitating leadership, celebration and collaboration. We are a small not-for-profit organisation with some big projects and are looking for an experienced Programs Manager to join our Brisbane based team.
The Partnerships and Programs Manager works cooperatively within a small team to develop and nurture partnerships, as well as provide project management and support across the International RiverFoundation’s (IRF) portfolio of projects and programs, including 1000+ Resilient Rivers, RiverStreaming, International Riversymposium, and RiverAcademy.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the duties of the role include, but not limited to the following:
- Providing support and coordination for the 1000+ Resilient Rivers Campaign and RiverPatrons group.
- Assisting with managing other projects across IRF’s portfolio of projects;
- Convening and facilitating meetings, workshops and forums;
- Drafting and editing documents, reports, funding/sponsorship proposals and supporting material; and
- Assisting with delivery of online and in person forums and symposia, including abstract reviews, program development and facilitation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Natural Resource Management or equivalent
- Knowledge of water, environmental, environmental economics and/ornatural resource management sectors
- At least five (5) years’ experience in project management, environmental management, international development and/or not-for-profit programs.
- Experience in working in not-for-profit organisaitons is highly desirable.
- Experience working in developing countries or working in cross-cultural situations desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English, ability to build relationships across different cultures and geographies and at all levels.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects across multidisciplinary fields.
- Experience in preparation of high-quality documents including policies, templates, reports , pro-formas and fund-raising proposals
- Ability to facilitate and present at workshops and conferences.
- Negotiation and stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Excellent data collation, synthesis, evaluation and reporting skills.
In your cover letter (1-2 pages max), please describe your skills, experience and qualifications in the following;
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Adaptability and experience working in a small team
- Fostering both corporate and cultural relationships
- Any experience working with developing countries
The role is full time, Monday - Friday. The team works from our South Bank office three days and from home two days each week. Applicants must have the ability to work flexible hours and travel as required.
Remuneration: Range of $95,000-$110,000 including superannuation. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Please see our website for a full position description, or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role.
Applications close 5 November, 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Programs Manager?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.