- Varied HR people focused support role that offers a unique look at all areas of KWM
- We are looking for a proactive, solution focussed team player who is passionate about the value HR plays in an organisation
- Balanced approach to WFH with flexibility for this to be 4 days per week
Recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform and team of over 2700 lawyers in 29 locations around the world, KWM works with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
Our global vision…
Our vision is to be Asia's top tier international law firm
Extraordinary people | Energised by challenge | Caring for clients, communities and each other
Across our global firm we have values that guide us and that we aspire to live up to…
- Client centric
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial
- One team. One firm
- Excellence and innovation
- International Perspective
…these are the same whichever part of the firm you work in, in all countries.
With approximately 1,700 employees in Australia nationally, we want KWM to be a great place to work and grow by offering meaningful work, great management, a fantastic environment, growth opportunities and trust in the Firm's leadership. Sound like a team you want to be part of?
Reporting to the National P&D Centre Manager - Sydney, with a dotted line to a P&D Manager, as a core member of the People & Development (P&D) team, you will collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders and provide the P&D Operations team with administrative and organisational support.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of P&D related projects and initiatives, supporting both the P&D team and the firm.
Working closely with our national P&D Coordinators, your key responsibilities in supporting your client group will include:
- Assisting in all areas of the employment life cycle from onboarding of new staff, preparing employment contracts and correspondence, change in employment conditions, and arranging exits
- Liaising with payroll regarding employee entitlements, benefits, parental leave payments, change to work arrangements, leave arrangements
- HRIS (HR Information System) updates and maintenance
- Maintaining P&D records and electronic personnel files
- General P&D Support
- Involvement in national and local P&D team projects and initiatives
At KWM our focus is on creating a working environment where people across the business are valued, have access to the support required to do their job, as well as development opportunities tailored to their needs and the chance to contribute to something bigger than KWM. Our extensive Benefits Program provides you with access to work/life balance, wellbeing programs as well as reward and recognition initiatives.
Who we are looking for?
Your passion for the value a robust HR support function can add, and willingness to pitch in when and where needed will set you up for success. You will bring a collaborative positive approach and work alongside a highly regarded and experienced HR team.
Your organisational skills, ability to multi-task and exceptional time management skills, sets you apart.
You will also bring:
- Solid prior experience in a similar HR support role
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- General working knowledge of Chris21 or a similar HRIS system (desired).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A customer service focus and strive to deliver a positive experience for your client group and team members
- Professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with P&D matters
- Demonstration of high level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to form solid relationships both internally and externally with professionalism and ease
- An understanding of Human Resources practices in a large organisation.
- Knowledge of the legal or professional services environment
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to apply online with your cover letter summarising why you’re applying and your resume to support your experience.
Applications close COB Thursday 28th October, 2021.
If you have any questions or need any further information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Bridget on 02) 9296 3563.
Diversity & Inclusion
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged. We acknowledge, understand, accept, and value differences among all our people. This may relate to age, marital status, ethnicity, carer's status, gender, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, spiritual practice, or religious belief, for example.
We recognise the importance of reconciliation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and pay our respects to them as the traditional owners of country.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
Agencies - please note that we are not accepting applications from agencies for this role.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.