To understand our merchandise business, we need to understand our customers. That’s why you’ll find us working across all business units at Coles Supermarkets, Liquor and Express. Supermarkets is one of the largest teams at Coles, but we’re a close-knit group that come from all over the world. We’re passionate about working at the forefront of merchandising and making sure our customers have quality products at the right price.
About the role
Are you an experienced strategy professional with a flair for communications? This is a senior position, reporting directly to the Head of Supplier Management, that will see you transforming how we collaborate and Win Together with Coles supplier partners in the future.
What you’ll be doing
As a Strategy Manager, you will define and own the future Supplier Management strategic framework and priorities, including internal and external communication of strategy, priorities, and progress. You will inject strategic and innovative thinking to drive ‘best practise’ solutions and lead change management processes for suppliers on major projects.
Critical to the role is the capability to manage relationships with multiple cross-functional and often senior stakeholders within the context of the highly dynamic environment of retail. As part of a lean and visible team, this is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to manage thousands of suppliers at Coles and shape the future of retail in Australia.
- Lead, drive and oversee the execution of a Supplier Readiness strategy for major projects across multiple business units and functions.
- Chair the ‘Supplier Change Committee’, driving execution and accountability in a matrix of stakeholders through planning processes.
- Drive end-to-end supplier communications in line with our strategy and supplier readiness plans for major projects
- Support Category managers in developing and executing their Supplier readiness business plans.
Good things you’ll need
- A Tertiary Qualification in Business, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Prior experience in top tier Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or Investment Banking.
- Experience within a Retail, or FMCG environment.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience applying this to interpret industry dynamics and a competitive retail landscape, using technology and data to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver Executive-level presentations and external supplier communications with a clear and concise story.
- Demonstrated history of identifying commercially feasible and innovative solutions to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders and drive outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset, with a structured approach.
- A passion for retail, growth and innovation, with a customer obsessed mindset.
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180: Coles Group – Work180 Endorsed Employer [link removed]
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.