Administration Officer – Icon Cancer Centre Canberra, ACT
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Medical Administration Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Opportunity to join a Successful and Expanding Company in a Meaningful, Fulfilling Environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position, with Flexibility to Reduce Hours if Preferred, Monday to Friday Shifts (No weekends), Bruce, Canberra, ACT
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Administration Officer to join the team at our centre in Canberra on a full-time basis (60-76 hours per fortnight available). Reporting to the Administration Manager, this role will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Administration Officer with experience in the healthcare industry and outstanding customer service to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within the Healthcare industry
- Experience with Medicare DVA and Private Health
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and in written forms.
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients)
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.
Report this job advert
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
Learn how to protect yourself here.
Learn how to protect yourself here.
Report this job ad