IMPACT Community Services Limited (IMPACT) is a high profile, community owned organisation supporting the most vulnerable and marginalised members of our community. Since 1978, we have been supporting local people experiencing disadvantage, poverty and exclusion. Our vision is to work with individuals to improve lives.
The Family Mental Health Service provides early intervention and support to assist children and young people with or at risk of developing mental health concerns. This is a part-time role of 38 hours per fortnight, where you will work with vulnerable families and:
- Meet with children and young people and their families for assessments and referrals
- Provide continuity of care to the child or young person and support tangible improvements in their day to day life
- Undertake case management with children and young people
- Maintain case notes and data
- Promote IMPACT's service and community and public awareness of mental health issues
To enjoy this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field, eg, mental health, youth work, social work
- Demonstrated experience working with young people who have mental health concerns
- Relevant life experience and/or understanding of the issues facing people with a mental health concerns
- Experience in conducting intakes and assessments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to engage in community networking opportunities
Our offer to you
Our benefits include:
- Salary packaging up to $18,500 per year so you pay less tax and increase your take home pay
- Birthday bonus day off
- Paid 2 hours per month to donate to a worthy cause of your choice
- Opportunities for advancement with our 'grow your own' approach
- Professional development by participating in internal and external training
- Reimbursement of Working With Children and NDIS screening cards
To find out more, view our Position Description and full list of benefits at Get Involved - Careers With Us at www.impact.org.au
How to apply
Submit your application today and provide your:
- Cover letter showing us why you are a great match for this role
- Up to date Resume
IMPACT welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental health concerns and recovery, a disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We believe that diversity in our workplace makes us stronger and we provide equal opportunity to all. Selection for all vacancies is made on the basis of merit.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a Working with Children and an NDIS Worker Screening clearance prior to starting employment.
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.