XL Express are a proud privately-owned business specialising in seamless break bulk transport and logistics solutions, with a comprehensive national network of terminals located in all mainland capitals and major regional centres.
At XL Express, our continued success spanning over 30 years of operation, comes from our team of dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable professionals, who all share an unwavering commitment to being a leading partner in seamless distribution and logistics systems.
We are proud of our people and consider it an imperative that our entire workforce is encouraged to embrace innovation; that we enable openness and idea sharing and that every employee understands they are regarded as integral to our success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated AM Bulk Team Leader to work on our morning shift.
The role reports to the AM operations manager and plays an integral part in ensuring the bulk team are achieving the standards set by XL Express and are consistently meeting customer's expectations.
A typical day will be demanding and consists of supervising a small team of forklift operators loading and unloading daily linehaul, storage and staging of all pallet deliveries, working cohesively and collaboratively with the bulk fleet allocator to ensure all freight is delivered in a timely manner to maximise on time delivery performance.
This is a fast paced role and requires a hands on, flexible and robust approach, however does not compromise on promoting and fostering a safe, positive work environment.
To be successful for this position you must have:
- A willingness to learn,
- Passion for leading and inspiring teams,
- Prior experience working within road transport,
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team,
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
This role will suit an individual who wants an opportunity to grow, contribute and make a positive difference to the team, takes pride in providing excellent customer service who has great organisational skills and who enjoys the dynamics of working with detail and deadlines.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
The successful candidate can expect:
- A varied and autonomous role,
- To be part of a happy dynamic team in a stable work environment.
- Opportunity to be part of a long-established privately-owned business.
- To come to work each day where your efforts will give you a sense of achievement and making a difference.
- Ongoing training and development.
This role will suit an individual who takes pride in providing excellent customer service who has great organisation skills and who enjoys the dynamics of working with detail and deadlines.
If you have the skills listed above and want to take this opportunity to enhance your career with a move to a stable growing company.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.