- January 2022 start
- 6 month fixed term contract
- Full time - including school holidays
- Successful candidate must be available for some handover days across November / December 2021
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values. We are proud of the warm spirit that characterises our school family.
We are looking for an experienced Strength and Conditioning Coordinator to cover a 6 month parental leave contract. Reporting into the Facilities & Operations Manager the role is responsible for the day-to-day running of the School’s gym and associated S&C and fitness programs.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction to staff and students in their use of the gym facilities.
- Conduct staff and student gym inductions and provide ongoing support and direction in the form of supervision and program creation.
- Manage the gym and cardio areas under the principles of best practice.
- Develop the use of the gym and be creative in program design to encourage maximum participation.
- Develop timetables and schedules for the use of the gym in consultation with the relevant staff.
- Coach and supervise open weights room and conditioning sessions.
- Oversee CGA dry-land training strategy and performance for all squad swimmers, providing specific support with coaching and physical loading.
- Lead 1st squad pre-season and in-season High Performance conditioning sessions.
- Communicate with 1st squad coaches on physical development of athletes, injuries and rehabilitation and provide support on warm-ups, cool-downs and conditioning phases.
- Oversee all periodised annual load management plans for EAP (Emerging Athlete Program) athletes, aligning training needs to individual athlete competition dates.
- and more
- Please note: there is a requirement that the successful candidate must be available for some handover in November/December 2021 - prior to the role officially commencing in January 2022.
- Extensive experience working with adolescents in the delivery of training/fitness programs
- Previous experience and a thorough understanding of gym operations and equipment maintenance/upkeep
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a sport in relation to the team and/or the athlete’s strength and conditioning needs
- Understanding of and ability to implement OH&S policies and procedures
- Experience designing sports specific strength and conditioning programs for athletes and teams
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Minimum ASCA level 1 or equivalent
- Appropriate tertiary qualification; Exercise Physiology, Sports Science, Physical Education (Desirable)
- Level 2 First Aid, and CPR Qualification
To review a full position description, please go to our Careers Page https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
How to Apply
Please apply online via the Apply for this job button - only applications received via seek will be considered.
Suitable applications will be reviewed as they are received, and as such, the recruitment process may commence immediately.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to being a ‘Child Safe’ school with an expectation that all staff commit to our Child Safe Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. Appropriate rigorous reference and background checking will be undertaken for this selection process, including a Working with Children Check and police record and identity check. We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. We are also committed to meeting the needs of all students, including those with a disability, indigenous students and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Have you completed a qualification in fitness?
- How many years' experience do you have in the sports & fitness industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.