Our client is one of South Australian largest family-owned Companies that design and manufacture cabinetry across SA. Due to considerable growth within the business, a unique opportunity exists for a high performing Chief Financial Officer to join the executive leadership team.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the CEO, Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides high-quality support and advice to the Board and Executives on matters relating to finance, corporate governance and risk management.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively to provide strong direction and specialist corporate finance management and compliance expertise to the business.
An overview of the role can be found below:
- Developing, recommending and maintaining financial policies, strategies and systems to enhance organisational decision-making and to facilitate compliance.
- Preparation of consolidated annual financial statements along with liaison with external stakeholders.
- Providing expert financial management advice and establishing suitable frameworks and processes that underpin optimal financial management and reporting.
Driving improvement throughout the finance function, to in turn facilitate long term financial viability and sustained growth of the business.
Managing & monitoring Board & Board subcommittee policies, procedures and responsibilities
Developing, implementing and oversighting corporate service contracts and payments
- Providing leadership and coaching, foster a culture of support, collaboration and innovation, including developing and leading a finance team.
We are seeking an experienced, values-driven, results-oriented and hands-on Chief Finance Officer that can provide immediate strategic and operational impact.
You will be a highly approachable people leader with a track record of delivering financial management & reporting outcomes and fostering strong relationships between finance and other operational business units. You will be able to adapt to the changing needs of the organisation and its customers. Highly developed stakeholder management and networking skills and an ability to translate strategy into tangible outcomes are essential.
In addition, the successful candidate would demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Experience as an established CFO or Senior Finance Manager with proven, measured success
- Experience in administering the affairs of a company and managing the business of a Board
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to liaise tactfully and with influence
- The ability to operate strategically, problem solve and negotiate successful outcomes
- Tertiary Qualifications in a Finance-related discipline; CPA or CA qualified; and/or MBA
To apply please submit your current CV via the link, along with a brief cover statement detailing your experience relevant to the core competencies.
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief financial officer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in commerce?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.