- Maximum Term Contract Part-Time - 30 Hours Per Week
- Manage & Assess Tenancies
- Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging Tax Free Benefits
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society - we truly care about what we do and the difference we make to people's lives.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our Employee Value Proposition is testament to our continued commitment to further engaging and retaining our staff who are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Amélie Housing Overview
The Social and Affordable Housing Fund (SAHF) project is a 25 year program funded by the Society and the NSW government that will provide tenancy and property management services to 500 tenants in multiple locations across NSW. The project has multiple outcomes including tenancy and property management, and tailored tenant coordination services.
Amélie Housing Limited is responsible for all parts of tenancy and property management, as well as providing all outcome data to the NSW Department of Family and Community Services (FACS). Amélie Housing will become the national housing provider for St Vincent de Paul Societies in the various States.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Program Co-ordinator, the Housing Officer will manage tenancies and properties, with the objective of providing quality, timely and respectful customer service to tenants, minimising loss due to rental arrears and damage to properties; ensuring enforcement of tenancy obligations; and building harmonious relationships with the community.
Your responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Showing properties to prospective tenants & maintaining contact as required.
- Assessing applications and completing tenant sign ups within benchmarks.
- Monitoring rent payments, arrears, voids and vacancies and ensuring that remedial activities are commenced.
- Conducting rent reviews for social housing tenants and affordable rental housing tenants.
- Receiving maintenance requests, initiating work orders and liaising with the Asset Management Team to ensure completion of requested maintenance work.
- Responding to complaints within Amelie Housing policy and procedures.
- Providing accurate and timely information to the Senior Tenancy Manager, Asset Management staff, other Housing Officers.
- Ensuring that database is accurate and up to date.
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience in social housing tenancy management including accurately completing routine inspections.
- Commitment to delivery of customer service.
- Ability to manage an increasing size portfolio of social and affordable rental housing.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to undertake Saturday open homes when required.
- Valid Drivers licence.
If this sounds like you, please apply now by submitting your application with a resume which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
Information on how to apply.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society's commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.