About the Company
NPM offers end-to-end services to the Commercial and Industrial property industry, servicing private and public property portfolios, blue chip office and industrial tenants as well as local and state government property portfolios.
Our business plan has been tailored to ensure that a thorough understanding of our clients' philosophies and financial goals is central to delivering and maintaining first-class facilities and properties.
Our highly-trained, directly-employed trade staff ensure the continuity of our clients' expectations are exceeded at all times. We offer solutions to problems and view our business and goals as an extension of our clients' business and objective.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator to join our growing team.
As a Contracts Administrator, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Project Manager with the administrative functions of projects in accordance to the company’s management systems, client’s requirements, contractual requirements and specifications and associated documentation
- Management of all financial aspects of the contract including progress claims and variations ensuring payments are made on time, tracking of project expenditure, inclusive of subcontractor claims
- Assisting the Project Manager and Site Manager to develop and implement construction programs
- Preparing trade letting recommendations by reviewing sub-contractor and supplier quotes and providing advice on the most practical appointment project to project. This includes payment terms and experience of the vendor
- Preparation of a planning permit and other documents for submission to council for construction projects
- Coordinator council approvals, associated permits and records
- Assist in the development of tenders by providing project methodologies, programmes and site staging plans where necessary.
- Develop a basic Programme of Works in MS Project using approved template which includes sales, statutory approvals, design, engineering and construction lead times so client understands the full process from the beginning of project.
- Development of Site Safety Plans in conjunction with HSEQ Officer and Project Manager
- Procurement of subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with the procurement schedule
- Maintaining existing and fostering new relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Take ownership of OHS, Quality and Environmental management to ensure procedures are met
- Assisting in mentorship and development of junior staff (cadets, graduates, etc.)
Benefits and perks
- Career progression
- Work with a dynamic, passionate and growing team
- Phone and laptop provided
- Skills and experience
Skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in construction management or similar
- Minimum three years’ experience in Contracts Administration within the construction industry
- Knowledge of contractual and SOPA legal requirements and contract administration (as well as commercial know-how)
- Experience in undertaking cost reviews and providing reports for review at management level
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organisation skills
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Have proven experience on working on Commercial Fit-Out Projects
- Proficient in Netsuite preferred, but not essential
- Ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Adapts readily to working across different projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Adept at establishing and maintaining positive, productive relationships as well as managing stakeholders - comfortable working with staff and clients at all levels
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project and Netsuite (preferable)
- Confidence with procurement including preparing scopes of work, letting and negotiating contracts
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a contracts administrator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.